Carter County Football 2019

21 hours ago, BULLRUSH said:

Warrior I think HV is the team to beat in the county next year.  How's your o and d line looking?

I have more questions about the O line than the D line. We bring back 3 of 4 guys upfront on D so I think that should be solid. We don't scrimmage anybody until August so we will see how they look then.

21 hours ago, Appvol said:

Cloudland took a hit.Brewer got the head coaching job at McDowell. The Defense played really good last year under Brewer 

They wanted both Brewer and Mike to come as co-head coaches but Mike declined. The money was great and it would have been both a fine opportunity but also a challenging  job. Hope Brewer really likes the Job and has much success. Will be missed bigly at Cloudland but I'm sure he made the right move. Now I'll be keeping up with Mcdowell on Friday nights.Go Brewer.

Yeah Pujo I saw that on Carolina Preps. The guy over it Chris Hughes mentioned that. That would of been cool if Mike would of went.Brewer and Mike are the kind of coaches McDowell needs. It’s one of the bigger schools in NC. Just got to get kids to come out play.

6 hours ago, Appvol said:

Yeah Pujo I saw that on Carolina Preps. The guy over it Chris Hughes mentioned that. That would of been cool if Mike would of went.Brewer and Mike are the kind of coaches McDowell needs. It’s one of the bigger schools in NC. Just got to get kids to come out play.

For my part I wish it would have happened, I actually encouraged it. Mike is just happy doing what he's doing. He'll be around football, its in his blood.

On 6/4/2019 at 12:46 PM, pujo said:

Doubt Cloudland will ever beat Hampton again. The only chance is this season . Cloudland will be fortunate to field a varsity team after this season. The end is neigh for a once proud program.

What is going on up there for cloudland not to have a program in the future. I remember back in the day they fielded mountain men and hard nose football players ? I hope y’all can get it back in the right direction up that way !!

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:49 PM, WarChant said:

What is going on up there for cloudland not to have a program in the future. I remember back in the day they fielded mountain men and hard nose football players ? I hope y’all can get it back in the right direction up that way !!

Can't get enough kids interested.  I guess fortnite is the new thing now. 

On 6/12/2019 at 10:49 PM, WarChant said:

From what I'm hearing and seeing is there's just not that many kids going to school up on the mountain anymore,I have some kinfoke up there and they're saying it's just a matter of time before the doors are closed,most people have moved onto greener pastures,on down the road,and most of the people who are moving in are retired with grown kids and they have no interest in the school or the community