Transfers 2019

FootballFan51

13 hours ago, Americal198 said:

I bold-faced "supposedly". You spew out information with no regard as to its accuracy.

The words you have used in various threads are hurtful to players who are likely to be minors. You stated, when Williams was suspended, that you would be glad to attend the next Cleveland games because he wouldn't be sitting on the sidelines. Now you want a front row seat? You are an uninformed gossip on a hurtful mission. These games are played by children. If the team you are rooting for wins, it does not make you anything important.

I used the word supposedly because that is hearsay- not fact.  Sorry for not bold facing it for ya. Me saying I want front row seats to that circus is really just an expression- the facts are that she has now moved residence for eligibility and the guardianship ruling did not pass.  All facts that can be checked at the Cleveland court house. I forget your generation gets their feelings hurt every time you aren't handed a participation trophy and will try my best to downplay the ignorance of this entire event.  I will also try to use nice words here on out. 

2 hours ago, coachinhoops said:

I am praying for Bleedblackandgold. He has way too much hatred and bitterness in his heart for kids who love basketball, parents who love their kids, and coaches who invest their life into their calling.  

this makes me laugh... you had quite a bit of hatred at the last Bradley/Cleveland game.  

42 minutes ago, bleedblackandgold said:

I used the word supposedly because that is hearsay- not fact.  Sorry for not bold facing it for ya. Me saying I want front row seats to that circus is really just an expression- the facts are that she has now moved residence for eligibility and the guardianship ruling did not pass.  All facts that can be checked at the Cleveland court house. I forget your generation gets their feelings hurt every time you aren't handed a participation trophy and will try my best to downplay the ignorance of this entire event.  I will also try to use nice words here on out. 

So what your saying is she went to change guardians in Cleveland school zone and when they found out it had to be court ordered they figured out this route wasn’t getting her elgible to play basketball this year so they rented a house in Cleveland to make her elgible. That right? If this is actually what happend the TSSAA knows she is transferring for basketball.

Edited by pioneer42

16 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

So what your saying is she went to change guardians in Cleveland school zone and when they found out it had to be court ordered they figured out this route wasn’t getting her elgible to play basketball this year so they rented a house in Cleveland to make her elgible. That right? If this is actually what happend the TSSAA knows she is transferring for basketball.

yes.  that is exactly what happened.  her mom was going to sign rights over to grandmother who lives in the city.  court date was set for 2/5/2020.  but once they actually read the tssaa handbook and realized it had to be court ordered they took another route.  they have rented a house in the city limits to be zoned for Cleveland high.  mind you these two schools are maybe 10 miles apart and she does not ride a bus to get to school.  

17 minutes ago, edscissorhands said:

should go back to old rules to cut out all the guess work.  If you transfer schools you sit out a year, no exceptions.

I agree with this as long as you are in HS and once you have a HS record. Think if you want to transfer you need to do it before you hit the floor and have a HS record. 

• Like 1

Move on! One of our players who started for us is now starting for our rival, without sitting out. You can either stew over it, or you can move on. As I mentioned earlier, one of the strongest teams in Memphis has 3 starters who all played significant minutes or started for AAA teams last year. You think all of their paperwork is legit? You coach the players you have, and let the rest go. it is obviously a much more complicated issue with the TSSAA....but spouting off rumors about why a kid has moved or what their family's intentions are...only make you look jaded and misinformed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, edscissorhands said:

should go back to old rules to cut out all the guess work.  If you transfer schools you sit out a year, no exceptions.

Disagree.  I don't want any part of punishing kids for a parent getting a new job or moving to be closer to family or any other legitimate reason for a kid having to transfer to a new school.  I understand that a lot of kids transfer for athletic reasons but I don't think that a blanket policy of sitting out a year is fair.  

Transfer eligibility will always be difficult to legislate.  Policy in place is well done but very difficult to enforce.  I don't have the answer but requiring ALL transfers to sit out a year is not it. 

Edited by maddams
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1