3a Region 5

FBfan26

On 6/3/2019 at 10:10 PM, howdoitknow said:

How about Glencliff?

Haven't heard anything about them. Only thing I've been hearing is Republic is about to fold which now they are saying  They're trying to find a head coach. Also Whites Creek is in its last days

Pearl-Cohn's 2019 schedule is really a monster.  They'll really grow on the fly and mature by experience in battles.  They'll be scary come playoff time.  

Pearl-Cohn's Schedule:

Cane Ridge

MBA

Stratford

Maplewood

RePublic

Hillsboro

East Nashville

Whites Creek

Independence

Giles County

Stratford is a team that really picked up some momentum down the stretch last season and carried it throughout a strong playoff run that nearly led them to Cookeville.  They probably return the best player in 3A football in James Moore RB/LB.  That guy is such a stud.

Stratford's Schedule:

Howard

FRA

Pearl-Cohn

Giles County

Hunters Lane

RePublic

Sycamore

East Nashville

Columbia

Whites Creek

East Nashville had a great season last year and really has the potential to be as good as anyone across the state.  I've been told by several that they may be the preseason favorite to win the region this upcoming season.  

East Nashville's Schedule:

Smyrna

Maplewood

Giles County

Brainerd

Whites Creek

BGA

Pearl-Cohn

Stratford

Goodpasture

RePublic

Whites Creek is a team that made the playoffs last year but they'll be much improved this year.  Their QB Davis is going to be a Division I College Football Player someday.  He is special.  

Whites Creek's Schedule:

Oakhaven

Cheatham County

RePublic

Westmoreland

East Nashville

Glencliff

Giles County

Pearl-Cohn

Hunters Lane

Stratford

RePublic hired DeMarcus Marmon as their new head football coach today.  Good luck to the Trail Blazers as they rise in class to compete in this region.

RePublic's Schedule:

Clarksville Academy

Hillwood

Whites Creek

Goodpasture

Pearl-Cohn

FRA

Stratford

Giles County

Todd County (KY)

East Nashville

Giles County unfortunately did not reach the playoffs last year.  They are the team in this region that honestly haunts all of the Metro Schools because they are good enough to beat any of them at any given time.  Their schedule is very challenging this season as well.  

Giles County's Schedule:

Lincoln County

Hendersonville

East Nashville

Stratford

Page

Whites Creek

Marshall County

RePublic

Tullahoma

Pearl-Cohn

17 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Serious question. Will the semis be another battle if region 5 vs 7 this year?  If so who will come out of 5??  I think 7 will either be Covington again or Milan. 

Fairview has been so close so many times (7) through the years.  Whether it was playing Milan in 2010 and 2011.  Playing Cheatham County’s great team in 2012.  Playing CPA in 2013.  Playing Goodpasture in 2016.  Playing Pearl-Cohn in 2017.  Most recently playing Stratford during their playoff run in 2018.  Those were all later round playoff losses to great teams.  

35 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Fairview has been so close so many times (7) through the years.  Whether it was playing Milan in 2010 and 2011.  Playing Cheatham County’s great team in 2012.  Playing CPA in 2013.  Playing Goodpasture in 2016.  Playing Pearl-Cohn in 2017.  Most recently playing Stratford during their playoff run in 2018.  Those were all later round playoff losses to great teams.  

So do you think this is the year they get over the hump??

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So do you think this is the year they get over the hump??

Lost a lot of good pieces from last year’s Quarterfinals team.  3 starting receivers, starting QB, 4 starting OL, 2 starting DL, starting MLB, and 2 starting DB.  Playing a truckload of Juniors and a few Sophomores this year as of today.  

28 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Lost a lot of good pieces from last year’s Quarterfinals team.  3 starting receivers, starting QB, 4 starting OL, 2 starting DL, starting MLB, and 2 starting DB.  Playing a truckload of Juniors and a few Sophomores this year as of today.  

From my understanding Camden was extremely young last year and is bringing back a boat load. Maybe they will be the top dawg in that region this year. 

On 6/14/2019 at 5:48 PM, howdoitknow said:

Pearl-Cohn's 2019 schedule is really a monster.  They'll really grow on the fly and mature by experience in battles.  They'll be scary come playoff time.  

Pearl-Cohn's Schedule:

Cane Ridge

MBA

Stratford

Maplewood

RePublic

Hillsboro

East Nashville

Whites Creek

Independence

Giles County

Stratford is a team that really picked up some momentum down the stretch last season and carried it throughout a strong playoff run that nearly led them to Cookeville.  They probably return the best player in 3A football in James Moore RB/LB.  That guy is such a stud.

Stratford's Schedule:

Howard

FRA

Pearl-Cohn

Giles County

Hunters Lane

RePublic

Sycamore

East Nashville

Columbia

Whites Creek

East Nashville had a great season last year and really has the potential to be as good as anyone across the state.  I've been told by several that they may be the preseason favorite to win the region this upcoming season.  

East Nashville's Schedule:

Smyrna

Maplewood

Giles County

Brainerd

Whites Creek

BGA

Pearl-Cohn

Stratford

Goodpasture

RePublic

Whites Creek is a team that made the playoffs last year but they'll be much improved this year.  Their QB Davis is going to be a Division I College Football Player someday.  He is special.  

Whites Creek's Schedule:

Oakhaven

Cheatham County

RePublic

Westmoreland

East Nashville

Glencliff

Giles County

Pearl-Cohn

Hunters Lane

Stratford

RePublic hired DeMarcus Marmon as their new head football coach today.  Good luck to the Trail Blazers as they rise in class to compete in this region.

RePublic's Schedule:

Clarksville Academy

Hillwood

Whites Creek

Goodpasture

Pearl-Cohn

FRA

Stratford

Giles County

Todd County (KY)

East Nashville

Giles County unfortunately did not reach the playoffs last year.  They are the team in this region that honestly haunts all of the Metro Schools because they are good enough to beat any of them at any given time.  Their schedule is very challenging this season as well.  

Giles County's Schedule:

Lincoln County

Hendersonville

East Nashville

Stratford

Page

Whites Creek

Marshall County

RePublic

Tullahoma

Pearl-Cohn

Good points about the whole district. Like ive told some people this would be the year to get PC. I'm thinking we have about 4 to 5 seniors . 1 WR and 1 LS and the rest I couldn't tell you who. I seen a article which it basically said Giles or Stratford will win the region this year. It's going to be another tuff year.

On 6/14/2019 at 6:30 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Serious question. Will the semis be another battle if region 5 vs 7 this year?  If so who will come out of 5??  I think 7 will either be Covington again or Milan. 

I'm thinking Covington by a long shot even with the new coach

29 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Good points about the whole district. Like ive told some people this would be the year to get PC. I'm thinking we have about 4 to 5 seniors . 1 WR and 1 LS and the rest I couldn't tell you who. I seen a article which it basically said Giles or Stratford will win the region this year. It's going to be another tuff year.

I'm thinking Covington by a long shot even with the new coach

Covington May win that region but not by a long shot. There were a couple of teams in our region that played them tough last year and brings back the House while Covington lost coach and several starters. They will have several battles this year if they hope to win that region. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/15/2019 at 3:41 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

From my understanding Camden was extremely young last year and is bringing back a boat load. Maybe they will be the top dawg in that region this year. 

They didn’t do to well against Peabody in our scrimmage from what I saw.  Take that for what it’s worth