3a Region 5

FBfan26

10 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I keep hearing “Its hard out here for a pimp” from Hustle ‘n Flow and flow in my head except it goes like this. “You know it’s hard out here for ‘Lil Nasty. Trying to get this money for a tic tac...”. Lol!!!

Lol

Firebird I typically agree with you but Stratford did knock y'all off when it counted most last year. At the end of the season and on that night they were the better team. Now what does it mean for now? Its up to those two teams. PC could show up week 3 and blow them out. Or Stratford could show up with confidence and make it 2-0 in the last two meetings. Time will tell.

20 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Firebird I typically agree with you but Stratford did knock y'all off when it counted most last year. At the end of the season and on that night they were the better team. Now what does it mean for now? Its up to those two teams. PC could show up week 3 and blow them out. Or Stratford could show up with confidence and make it 2-0 in the last two meetings. Time will tell.

This trend is 3A region 5. Until someone other than PC wins it, then it's no debate!!!

• 3 weeks later...

This region is going to be a battle week in and week out.  Pearl-Cohn apparently looked very impressive against Clarksville-NE yesterday.  East Nashville was said to have looked very strong against Springfield.  Giles County has looked great in their scrimmages as well I have been told.  Stratford is coming off of a state semifinal appearance and they have a very strong group returning.  

• 4 weeks later...

I didn’t make it. Listened on the radio. 2 interceptions (one in the end zone) and a touchdown called back for a penalty will not win you close games. 

Seemed to be a very controversial call at the end. We hit a 50 yd pass play into the red zone. The ball was apparently knocked out on the tackle. The refs initially called it down by contact but then proceeded to discuss the call for 5 minutes (no joke) and decided to overturn it. 

Regardless, sounds like we didn’t deserve it anyway. Still feel good about our team, especially the defense. We are just really lacking the QB play that we’ve had in years past. 

• Thanks 1