Region 7 3A

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

I remember how wonky the playoffs seeding got at the very end last year. It kinda feels like we are eating our own sometimes. I personally love it! I think its good for our kids to have to play tough competition week in and week out. When you get to the playoffs it only gets harder.... 

Absolutely!!!

14 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I know there are some McNairy folks around. Whats the word on the street about the bobcats?

We just laying over here in the weeds, leave us be. LOL.

21 Seniors. If we going to make a run, this is the year. Only question marks I have is the secondary and wide receivers. We have to replace pretty much both units. 

Offensively, we have the potential to be very explosive. Return 4 Lineman I believe led by Hunter Justice and Will Deaton, QB Cole Kirk  threw for 1600 yds and 19 TDs. RB Austin Scott ran for 1100 yds and 17 TDs. TE Mason Latham that is a big target and had 7 TDs. WR is the question mark?

Defensively, will be led by All-State LB and 3 year starter Dru Yopp. Return most of the Dline led by Matt Cooper and Brandarius Strayhorn, 2 LBers, and none in the secondary.

We had two good sized athletes that transferred from that other school in the county last year and had to sit out. I figure they will slot in at LB and DL on defense and they may play some TE. I wouldn't be surprised to see us in some multiple TE sets with them and Latham.

We  lost our kicker that could hit from 40+ last year but we have a soccer player that started working on kicking last year. He was hitting from around 30+ last year, so it will be interesting how far his range will be this year.

If we can find a solid secondary, I believe we will be able to make a run at the Region and a deep playoff run. It's going to be tough but this year will be our best shot at it.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

2 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

21 Seniors. If we going to make a run, this is the year. Only question marks I have is the secondary and wide receivers. We have to replace pretty much both units. 

Offensively, we have the potential to be very explosive. Return 4 Lineman I believe led by Hunter Justice and Will Deaton, QB Cole Kirk  threw for 1600 yds and 19 TDs. RB Austin Scott ran for 1100 yds and 17 TDs. TE Mason Latham that is a big target and had 7 TDs. WR is the question mark?

Defensively, will be led by All-State LB and 3 year starter Dru Yopp. Return most of the Dline led by Matt Cooper and Brandarius Strayhorn, 2 LBers, and none in the secondary.

We had two good sized athletes that transferred from that other school in the county last year and had to sit out. I figure they will slot in at LB and DL on defense and they may play some TE. I wouldn't be surprised to see us in some multiple TE sets with them and Latham.

We  lost our kicker that could hit from 40+ last year but we have a soccer player that started working on kicking last year. He was hitting from around 30+ last year, so it will be interesting how far his range will be this year.

If we can find a solid secondary, I believe we will be able to make a run at the Region and a deep playoff run. It's going to be tough but this year will be our best shot at it.

Sounds like you guys will be tough. This will make for a fun year in the region. 

8 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

DANG! Sounds like everyone in the region this year is going to be tough! I said on the air last year that the front 5 for McNairy were the best I had seen all season. They reminded me of old school Bowden Wyatts teams. Maybe not the biggest, but they played the biggest. Double teaming at the point of attack, and getting up on the second level of the defense. Nothing flashy, nothing tricky, nothing we all did not know was coming right at us. Good luck to y'all this coming season. Get your popcorn ready its going to be a fight all season long for this region crown! 

Covington going to be good, SGC going to be good, Milan going to be good, McNairy going to be good, Westview is kind of a wild card, don't know much about Bolivar. 

Regardless of the team that comes out on top of the region they will have earned it! Promise.

• 1 month later...