7 on 7 Summer ball

GWAVE1

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

You guys got upset by Riverdale in 2017 playing a cupcake schedule

I'll give you that. But you tell me was a Mr football winner carrying the ball on that 2-8 Stratford squad like on Riverdale? PC wouldn't have beat them. And I'll even take it one further, the staff that coached that Stratford team had only been together a matter of weeks before they beat the all mighty Pearl Cohn... That's a disgrace. No bigger talent collecting staff in this state. And get smoked by some dudes only been together 6 weeks. LOL

Now what you got? 

Edited by GBEAR85
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GBEAR85 said:

I'll give you that. But you tell me was a Mr football winner carrying the ball on that 2-8 Stratford squad like on Riverdale? PC wouldn't have beat them. And I'll even take it one further, the staff that coached that Stratford team had only been together a matter of weeks before they beat the all mighty Pearl Cohn... That's a disgrace. No bigger talent collecting staff in this state. And get smoked by some dudes only been together 6 weeks. LOL

Now what you got? 

That was an average Riverdale team at best. PC would have had a decent chance to win that game. Stratford was on one of those runs. It's not like Stratford got smoked after PC, they beat a good Fairview team and nearly got Covington. Whereas Riverdale got smoked after they played MJ

PC has no qualms about playing anybody, something I wish alot if programs would do instead of padding their record. Nobody remembers what you did in the regular season, they remember what you did in the playoffs

Edited by MidTennFootball
  • Upvote 1

A question that has absolutely nothing to do with the Riverdale-Stratford-PC-MJ conversation.

MidTennFootball, I just looked up your profile and want to know where the stadium is located that is on your profile.  I do follow MJ some, since we lived there for over 5 years back on the mid-late 80's.

4 hours ago, sheppy said:

A question that has absolutely nothing to do with the Riverdale-Stratford-PC-MJ conversation.

MidTennFootball, I just looked up your profile and want to know where the stadium is located that is on your profile.  I do follow MJ some, since we lived there for over 5 years back on the mid-late 80's.

I believe that is at Dobyns-Bennett 

OK, thanks.  Hadn't seen D-B in years since their renovation.  We scrimmaged them every spring and fall from 97 through 04, with each booster club feeding both teams depending on location.  Normally, we went to DB in spring and they came to us in the fall.  Really good memories with coaches visiting with coaches, players with players, etc. Graham and I have talked weekly for the past 22+ years.  Good to see him back in coaching.

13 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

That was an average Riverdale team at best. PC would have had a decent chance to win that game. Stratford was on one of those runs. It's not like Stratford got smoked after PC, they beat a good Fairview team and nearly got Covington. Whereas Riverdale got smoked after they played MJ

PC has no qualms about playing anybody, something I wish alot if programs would do instead of padding their record. Nobody remembers what you did in the regular season, they remember what you did in the playoffs

One of those runs? Sthu....

6-4, 5-5 teams go one one of those runs.... Not 2-8 teams. That was maybe the biggest upset in the history of Tennessee high school football. The staff had only been together about 6 weeks.... Gthoh

You aint lying. PC lost all credibility losing to a 2-8 team and became an even bigger side show than previously. There isnt a more talented team in the state that always fails. There are a number of staffs that could take that talent and do something with it every year. 

Edited by GBEAR85
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GBEAR85 said:

You aint lying. PC lost all credibility losing to a 2-8 team and became an even bigger side show than previously. There isnt a more talented team in the state that always fails. There are a number of staffs that could take that talent and do something with it every year. 

Upsets happen. Might have a point if this happened every year. Stratford almost ended up playing for a state title 

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Upsets happen. Might have a point if this happened every year. Stratford almost ended up playing for a state title 

I don't need you to acknowledge what I am saying. Who you trying to convince? It was the worst loss in PC history I'm sure. If anything it exposed the coaching staff as being incompetent.

Edited by GBEAR85
  • Upvote 1

So did a Riverdale win over MJ expose that staff of being incompetent as well? I would say not but I would also say the same about PC. Not many staffs around can compare to the success PC has had. That staff does a good job with the kids they have. 

Same can be said about MJ staff. They have had a couple of really good years. If they are going to win it all they better put everything in now before GH opens.

3 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

So did a Riverdale win over MJ expose that staff of being incompetent as well? I would say not but I would also say the same about PC. Not many staffs around can compare to the success PC has had. That staff does a good job with the kids they have. 

Same can be said about MJ staff. They have had a couple of really good years. If they are going to win it all they better put everything in now before GH opens.

With the kids they have... as if they have a bad selection. There’s a plentiful amount of athletes on that side of town. It’s funny when you chime in, obviously a deep feeling of jealousy towards our program, and always on the oppositions side of an MJ post. If we beat Oak Ridge we go 10-0 again. Hate on that.

1 hour ago, GBEAR85 said:

One of those runs? Sthu....

6-4, 5-5 teams go one one of those runs.... Not 2-8 teams. That was maybe the biggest upset in the history of Tennessee high school football. The staff had only been together about 6 weeks.... Gthoh

They made it to the semifinals, so they did make one of those runs. PC folks at least have the guts to show after they get upset, wasn't a MJ fan to be found after Riverdale ruined their paper thin perfect record.

1999, Riverdale had just as good of a team as they've ever had yet lost in the 1st round to a 5-4 Dickson Co team. Don't see you calling Rankin a fraud

Edited by MidTennFootball