Top week 1 games with 1A and 2A teams.  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Vote best week one game

• Milan vs Peabody
    • Sequatchie vs South Pittsburg
    • Oneida vs Oliver Springs
    • Lewis Co. vs Riverside

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/21/2019 at 11:00 PM

25 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I sense a little sarcasm in the “Union City will run away with it”. For what it’s worth, if your not being sarcastic Union city won’t. They are notorious for getting off to a slow start on the season. They usually take a couple of games to get their offense in sync and get rid of turnovers. I think this will be a great game and Lake Co has a great chance of winning. 

Wasn't sarcastic, I think they will try and get it going early considering they had an off year last year. They had key injuries that really cost them a few losses early in the season. If they are injury free and they should be a real threat this year. They had a decent playoff run when he got healthy. I'm sure you know more about West Tn teams then I do. I do enjoy conversation about it. I also am not sure what they return.

Edited by Imthayeti

29 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Wasn't sarcastic, I think they will try and get it going early considering they had an off year last year. They had key injuries that really cost them a few losses early in the season. If they are injury free and they should be a real threat this year. They had a decent playoff run when he got healthy. I'm sure you know more about West Tn teams then I do. I do enjoy conversation about it. I also am not sure what they return.

I agree if they are healthy they will be tough. I just don’t think either team will have a blowout here. This LC bunch I have seen a few times the last couple of years and they are a very good 1A ball club. If the 3 new players are as good as advertised they will be tough for any 1A team to handle. 

Of course I went with our game.

Someone said the Loudon @ Greenback game. I have  Greenback as an early 4 TD favorite.

Someone mentioned Union City @ Lake County.  That will be a interesting matchup.  I have Union City as an early 3 point favorite.

Milan @ Peabody.   Peabody by 14+.

Sequatchie @ SP.  Pirates by 12.

Oliver Spgs @ Oneida.  Too close.   OS by 1.

Lewis County @ DCRiverside.  Too close. Either team by a Frog's hair.  Riverside by 1.

27 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Of course I went with our game.

Someone said the Loudon @ Greenback game. I have  Greenback as an early 4 TD favorite.

Someone mentioned Union City @ Lake County.  That will be a interesting matchup.  I have Union City as an early 3 point favorite.

Milan @ Peabody.   Peabody by 14+.

Sequatchie @ SP.  Pirates by 12.

Oliver Spgs @ Oneida.  Too close.   OS by 1.

Lewis County @ DCRiverside.  Too close. Either team by a Frog's hair.  Riverside by 1.

First i dont know anything about LC and DC so i will go with Southtowner on that one.

Due to some info i got yesterday about Oneida im going with OZ in a very close one.

Due to some rumblings about Loudon i am also taking GB by 2 scores (if what i hear is true it will increase)

I will take Peabody over Milan

I will go with South Pitt by 21

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Oneida is suppose to be better than last year, and are currently #12 according preps. Oliver Springs is currently #9 according to preps.

It should be a competitive game. I'm also surprised no one has voted for the Riverside and Lewis County game yet. I thought both teams were to be decent this year.

South Pitt. Is #2 in 1a and Sequatchie is #14 in 3A. Their game last year was a pretty good game. 19-0 from memory was the score with South Pitt winning. Both teams are supposed to be better then last year.

Meigs scrimmaged Oliver Spring a couple weeks ago, I heard it was one sided. I say Oneida gets the win.