Top week 1 games with 1A and 2A teams.  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Vote best week one game

• Milan vs Peabody
    • Sequatchie vs South Pittsburg
    • Oneida vs Oliver Springs
    • Lewis Co. vs Riverside

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/21/2019 at 11:00 PM

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Lake County will beat UC. You people out east keep doubting Lake County. LC might just win the whole thing. I like there chances more so than a couple of teams that are preseason ranked ahead of them.

You may be right friend, I hope your team is as good as you think. I've seen the way UC wears down teams on video. Your defense will be tired on those long drawn out drives.

Just now, Imthayeti said:

You may be right friend, I hope your team is as good as you think. I've seen the way UC wears down teams on video. Your defense will be tired on those long drawn out drives.

I have seen UC up close and personal over the years. I know very well what they are capable of. LC has been able to beat UC some in the past. I just think this is a bad year for UC to put LC back on the schedule. Could be wrong. Good luck to your team.

2 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Union City and Lake County is the second best 1a or 2a game in week 1. Trenton and Milan I think will be the best game.

I'd much rather see Sout Pitt vs Sequatchie over this game. But I do agree that Peabody and Milan is probably the game to watch. South Pitt should handle Sequatchie again. I'm not sure who to pick in the Peabody game. Most everyone picks Peabody, but Milan is just as good I believe.

Just now, lakecounty1968 said:

I have seen UC up close and personal over the years. I know very well what they are capable of. LC has been able to beat UC some in the past. I just think this is a bad year for UC to put LC back on the schedule. Could be wrong. Good luck to your team.

Yours too friend, you are obviously gonna be good with what transfers you've gotten along with returning players. But the stud player you lost due to whatever problems he and the coach had together normally isn't isolated. I hope it is for your sake. But stuff like that is normally a sign of more underlining problems. I do wish you all the best.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yours too friend, you are obviously gonna be good with what transfers you've gotten along with returning players. But the stud player you lost due to whatever problems he and the coach had together normally isn't isolated. I hope it is for your sake. But stuff like that is normally a sign of more underlining problems. I do wish you all the best.

It is totally isolated. LC is a very tight knit team and love their coach. I kind have the inside scope on LC football and everything is just fine.

10 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I'm like you. I think Milan might pull the upset. You being in the east I'm sure you would rather see So. Pitt game. Not me I know what the Lake Co and Union City game is all about.

My team has played Sequatchie last 2 years, and play South Pitt this year. So I'll agree and say I'm biased.

Edited by Imthayeti

6 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I'd much rather see Sout Pitt vs Sequatchie over this game. But I do agree that Peabody and Milan is probably the game to watch. South Pitt should handle Sequatchie again. I'm not sure who to pick in the Peabody game. Most everyone picks Peabody, but Milan is just as good I believe.

You are 100% correct that Milan is just as good as Peabody. There will be many good games all across the state week 1 but Milan @ Peabody on Thursday night is going to be the biggest stage across the state. Peabody got their first win against Milan in 6 years back in 2013 & it’s been back & forth every year since until last season. Peabody comes into this series with a 2 game win streak against the Bulldogs & Milan looks to avenge a heart breaking loss on a 4th & long with under a minute left. Peabody & Milan is a darn good rivalry. Both teams love to beat one another & it’s a nasty fight but there is also a lot of respect for both programs & the communities. I’m just making the case for the best game in  the state opening week on the high school football season. It’s hard to outdo the #2 team in 3A driving 10 miles down the road to play the #1 team in 2A. 

I'm not underestimating Lake County.  Just because I have Union City as an early 3 point favorite.  

A lot can happen between now and opening season.  Heck, some schools are still getting transfers in.

The Milan @ Peabody will be a great game to see.  It's on Thursday night.

Union City @ Lake County is on Friday night.

Sequatchie @ South Pittsburg is on Saturday night. 

I wouldn't mind seeing all 3 games myself. 

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Of course I went with our game.

Someone said the Loudon @ Greenback game. I have  Greenback as an early 4 TD favorite.

Someone mentioned Union City @ Lake County.  That will be a interesting matchup.  I have Union City as an early 3 point favorite.

Milan @ Peabody.   Peabody by 14+.

Sequatchie @ SP.  Pirates by 12.

Oliver Spgs @ Oneida.  Too close.   OS by 1.

Lewis County @ DCRiverside.  Too close. Either team by a Frog's hair.  Riverside by 1.

I respect your opinion but just curious why you think Peabody wins by 14+??

3 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

You are 100% correct that Milan is just as good as Peabody. There will be many good games all across the state week 1 but Milan @ Peabody on Thursday night is going to be the biggest stage across the state. Peabody got their first win against Milan in 6 years back in 2013 & it’s been back & forth every year since until last season. Peabody comes into this series with a 2 game win streak against the Bulldogs & Milan looks to avenge a heart breaking loss on a 4th & long with under a minute left. Peabody & Milan is a darn good rivalry. Both teams love to beat one another & it’s a nasty fight but there is also a lot of respect for both programs & the communities. I’m just making the case for the best game in  the state opening week on the high school football season. It’s hard to outdo the #2 team in 3A driving 10 miles down the road to play the #1 team in 2A. 

Number 2 team in 3A? What are you smoking? In a matter of fact, I’ll take Riverside/Lewis County over Peabody/Milan. Don’t fall in love with this “county rivalry” bull crap 

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'm not underestimating Lake County.  Just because I have Union City as an early 3 point favorite.  

A lot can happen between now and opening season.  Heck, some schools are still getting transfers in.

The Milan @ Peabody will be a great game to see.  It's on Thursday night.

Union City @ Lake County is on Friday night.

Sequatchie @ South Pittsburg is on Saturday night. 

I wouldn't mind seeing all 3 games myself. 

I've looked at the east games as far as going, and I think me and my boy may come to your Saturday game Southtowner. I'd like to go to the Peabody game but its 5 hour drive and on a Thursday.