Akira Levy

UTRok

#Mizzou women’s basketball PG Akira Levy has entered the transfer portal, per a team spokesperson. Levy averaged 4.8 points per game as a true freshman before tearing the ACL and meniscus in her right knee. Big blow for the Tigers

Edited by UTRok

5 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

That would be great. Did Holly even recruit Levy? I know she was very, very, very late to the game with Rhyne Howard (Freshman of the Year!). 

One of many reasons we have a new sheriff in Knoxville.  

Very reliable sources say it's a done deal. Not sure if she was recruited last year or not but the major miss was Howard. Went after Massingale harder than Howard was a complete goof of epic standards. Levy is a fine player but she isnt a difference maker like Howard. Levy will be a good role player at the Power 5 level. Not very impressed with Harpers start in recruiting to be honest with McCoy from Farragut and the Australian. Hoping for the best however!!

Edited by 99Guy

On 6/10/2019 at 7:04 PM, 99Guy said:

Very reliable sources say it's a done deal. Not sure if she was recruited last year or not but the major miss was Howard. Went after Massingale harder than Howard was a complete goof of epic standards. Levy is a fine player but she isnt a difference maker like Howard. Levy will be a good role player at the Power 5 level. Not very impressed with Harpers start in recruiting to be honest with McCoy from Farragut and the Australian. Hoping for the best however!!

Agree with the recruiting. You not going to beat Baylor, ND, Miss St or UConn with this level of recruits. She is a good coach but I am not sure she was the right coach to attract the level of elite players needed to bring Tennessee back to the top. She has done a good job where she was at but Rocky Top has a lot higher expectations.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Agree with the recruiting. You not going to beat Baylor, ND, Miss St or UConn with this level of recruits. She is a good coach but I am not sure she was the right coach to attract the level of elite players needed to bring Tennessee back to the top. She has done a good job where she was at but Rocky Top has a lot higher expectations.

Not really a fair analysis by either of you.  She wasn’t recruiting the same level of kids at previous job so the recruits she gets in this cycle will be challenging.  Give her some time.  If she can win with the talent she has now other players will come.   Recruiting will get better.  I am more concerned with the effort, heart, and discipline she puts on the floor in the fall.  Everything else will follow that. Holly signed great classes but couldn’t get anything out of them.

2 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Not really a fair analysis by either of you.  She wasn’t recruiting the same level of kids at previous job so the recruits she gets in this cycle will be challenging.  Give her some time.  If she can win with the talent she has now other players will come.   Recruiting will get better.  I am more concerned with the effort, heart, and discipline she puts on the floor in the fall.  Everything else will follow that. Holly signed great classes but couldn’t get anything out of them.

The analysis is fair to this point, she was at NC St before Missouri St and this was kind of the norm recruiting. Cant recruit mid major kids to high level programs and have success. Again, hope she brings us back to national prominence but this start isn't very promising right now. We shall see however.

On 6/10/2019 at 1:41 PM, FootballFan51 said:

That would be great. Did Holly even recruit Levy? I know she was very, very, very late to the game with Rhyne Howard (Freshman of the Year!). 

One of many reasons we have a new sheriff in Knoxville.  

Holly recruited Hayes Riverdale the yr before ,so timing for Levy coming out wasn't good. Howard turned out  her ceiling was high(body type length) but including myself never thought she would have done what she did her freshman yr at Ky.It was a great fit for her she probably would never got those minutes at Tenn to achieve what she did.

9 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Very well said. 

7 hours ago, 99Guy said:

The analysis is fair to this point, she was at NC St before Missouri St and this was kind of the norm recruiting. Cant recruit mid major kids to high level programs and have success. Again, hope she brings us back to national prominence but this start isn't very promising right now. We shall see however.

Harper led a team of nobodies at a nobody school to the sweet 16. 

Give her a little time.