Akira Levy

UTRok

On 6/21/2019 at 9:28 AM, 99Guy said:

She was offered, deal was all but done from very inside source. Vandy jumped in and rolled out the red carpet with former aau teammates and swept her away.

Sorry but callin b.s. on this one,like Bear Bryant said "Mama calls, you come home ". I don't think mama called in the end. She will do great at Vandy.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, repoman said:

Sorry but callin b.s. on this one,like Bear Bryant said "Mama calls, you come home ". I don't think mama called in the end. She will do great at Vandy.

Ok..........you can call it a fish if you like but it is what it is. I'm not sure who "mama" is and if 30 minutes difference makes it more home but whatever helps you accept UT lost player to the last place team in conference, use it lol.  She will personally be who she is at Vandy, a good SEC role player, and lose more than she wins. If that's great in your books then yes she will do great!

20 hours ago, 99Guy said:

Ok..........you can call it a fish if you like but it is what it is. I'm not sure who "mama" is and if 30 minutes difference makes it more home but whatever helps you accept UT lost player to the last place team in conference, use it lol.  She will personally be who she is at Vandy, a good SEC role player, and lose more than she wins. If that's great in your books then yes she will do great!

"Mama" is Lady Vols. And I am saying ,I think they did not offer,unlike your b.s. statement.. thats all,it don't matter anyways, I could care less, best of luck. 

4 hours ago, repoman said:

"Mama" is Lady Vols. And I am saying ,I think they did not offer,unlike your b.s. statement.. thats all,it don't matter anyways, I could care less, best of luck. 

Well unlike your "thinking" statement, I know my statement to be true lol. Good luck to you as well.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:43 PM, dmm88 said:

Great high school player. Hope she gets it going at Vandy.

I do too! I prefer to believe she sees a great opportunity at Vanderbilt to receive a quality education. There is more to life than basketball. Unfortunately, many athletes fail to grasp that. If basketball is the vehicle that helps her achieve the goal she has set for herself, more power to her.

• 2 years later...
On 6/11/2019 at 9:48 PM, AllVolHere said:

Agree with the recruiting. You not going to beat Baylor, ND, Miss St or UConn with this level of recruits. She is a good coach but I am not sure she was the right coach to attract the level of elite players needed to bring Tennessee back to the top. She has done a good job where she was at but Rocky Top has a lot higher expectations.

On 6/12/2019 at 12:43 AM, 99Guy said:

The analysis is fair to this point, she was at NC St before Missouri St and this was kind of the norm recruiting. Cant recruit mid major kids to high level programs and have success. Again, hope she brings us back to national prominence but this start isn't very promising right now. We shall see however.

On 6/16/2019 at 3:09 AM, 99Guy said:

Bashing? No, its reality of where recruiting is thus far. The 2 players being brought in wouldn't be on any other team in the SEC's roster, its why they didnt have any offers as such. Levy was a fine high school player, couldn't be a starter at Mizzo. She will be a better role player, depending on that ACL, than the other 2 but not an impact player. Fact and reality is recruiting is the life blood to any College team and this start, even if to fill out a roster, is less than desirable. That's not bashing, hating or being unsupportive its living in the reality of the situation and not not making excuses.

On 6/16/2019 at 9:46 AM, tradertwo said:

Did Missouri State have any SEC players on the floor when they advanced farther than UT in the tournament? It's been stated that Holly had some good recruiting classes, yet it's been proven that the Lady Vols were NOT going to be in the conversation for a title with her at the helm...ever. Tennessee isn't the gold standard of womens basketball anymore, but the tradition is still a draw, and if KJH can coach, the recruits will come. I'm much more comfortable with a promising up and comer (with orange in her veins) than a proven mediocre (at best) established coach. There are maybe six or seven "home run" names out there who would've blown the socks off the college basketball fan base, and of those, three or four weren't moving under any circumstances. Harper has won as a player and as a coach at every level, and her teams have always elevated their play at critical times... until she proves that she is unable to take the Lady Vols back to the top, I'm bought in and excited.

;-)