Akira Levy

UTRok

13 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Not really a fair analysis by either of you.  She wasn’t recruiting the same level of kids at previous job so the recruits she gets in this cycle will be challenging.  Give her some time.  If she can win with the talent she has now other players will come.   Recruiting will get better.  I am more concerned with the effort, heart, and discipline she puts on the floor in the fall.  Everything else will follow that. Holly signed great classes but couldn’t get anything out of them.

How is that? The talent has graduated and transferred. As for recruiting the school speaks for itself. A big time hire like Walz or along that caliber would have drawed elite players on day one. Not the mid- D1 currently coming on board. Tennessee is not going to give her 5 years to try and build a program. What she has signed and what she has currently offered is middle tier in the SEC if that. Holly signed great classes off Pat’s legacy but Holly can’t coach. Believe me I want her to succeed but players like Levy will not get us there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

How is that? The talent has graduated and transferred. As for recruiting the school speaks for itself. A big time hire like Walz or along that caliber would have drawed elite players on day one. Not the mid- D1 currently coming on board. Tennessee is not going to give her 5 years to try and build a program. What she has signed and what she has currently offered is middle tier in the SEC if that. Holly signed great classes off Pat’s legacy but Holly can’t coach. Believe me I want her to succeed but players like Levy will not get us there. 

Bet ya Walz would sign her tommorow at Lou!

Edited by repoman
Spell

34 minutes ago, repoman said:

Besides Dur,seriously go look at his point guards on Lou roster guarantee she is. Your a Typical negative Tenn fan. 

That your argument??? Look at her stats at Mizzou then justify her playing at Knoxville or even at  Louisville. You probably think Holly was a good coach.....

On 6/12/2019 at 12:43 PM, AllVolHere said:

We didn’t make a big name hire so we can’t expect her to come in and be a big name recruiter.   Not the first year.  That isn’t a fair expectation.  Let’s face it Holly trashes the legacy that Summit left.   I am not a Holly fan at all.  They kept her way too long.  She signed her best class a year ago I believe.  That’s why they kept her another year.   She just couldn’t coach at this level and that is why we lost games.  Harper knows what it takes to win at TN and if she can actually coach we will be ok and she won’t need 5 years.  

Levy would be a red shirt this year anyway if she decides to go that route.  But if you look close that roster isn’t bursting with PG’s.    I wouldn’t be surprised if they take her.  She was on the all SEC freshmen team so some other people think she can play.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 12:43 AM, 99Guy said:

The analysis is fair to this point, she was at NC St before Missouri St and this was kind of the norm recruiting. Cant recruit mid major kids to high level programs and have success. Again, hope she brings us back to national prominence but this start isn't very promising right now. We shall see however.

That still isn’t a fair argument.  You can’t judge her recruiting history and compare it to SEC teams.  She spent the last several years developing relationships with players that could play at the level she was coaching at.  She couldn’t bring top 25 players to Missouri St so I doubt she has those relationships currently.  She has been there 2 months and we are bashing her recruiting?  Seriously?  Lol

On 6/13/2019 at 9:45 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

That still isn’t a fair argument.  You can’t judge her recruiting history and compare it to SEC teams.  She spent the last several years developing relationships with players that could play at the level she was coaching at.  She couldn’t bring top 25 players to Missouri St so I doubt she has those relationships currently.  She has been there 2 months and we are bashing her recruiting?  Seriously?  Lol

Bashing? No, its reality of where recruiting is thus far. The 2 players being brought in wouldn't be on any other team in the SEC's roster, its why they didnt have any offers as such. Levy was a fine high school player, couldn't be a starter at Mizzo. She will be a better role player, depending on that ACL, than the other 2 but not an impact player. Fact and reality is recruiting is the life blood to any College team and this start, even if to fill out a roster, is less than desirable. That's not bashing, hating or being unsupportive its living in the reality of the situation and not not making excuses.

5 hours ago, 99Guy said:

Bashing? No, its reality of where recruiting is thus far. The 2 players being brought in wouldn't be on any other team in the SEC's roster, its why they didnt have any offers as such. Levy was a fine high school player, couldn't be a starter at Mizzo. She will be a better role player, depending on that ACL, than the other 2 but not an impact player. Fact and reality is recruiting is the life blood to any College team and this start, even if to fill out a roster, is less than desirable. That's not bashing, hating or being unsupportive its living in the reality of the situation and not not making excuses.

Like I said....2 months.  That’s not enough time.