2019 favorites

reaction

Ridge, I've watched Bearden quite a bit and I hope you are correct.  They are quite good, but will have a few things to work out before they are taking the next step (like winning state as the boys did).  But it's possible.

As for the future, at least in the Knox area, you are correct.  Bearden for whatever reason has a disproportionate number of late middle schoolers and early high schoolers who can play compared to other area schools.  But Knoxville AAA for girls for recent years has not been like the boys ... I am all for a Knox team to win it all , but a girls team will have to prove to me that they are better than the traditional middle and west powerhouses at Houston/Brentwood etc. first.   Maryville and Bearden both were very close last year, so maybe this can be the year.

AA: the favorite on paper has to be Greeneville. Nolensville’s team should be very good (huge credit to Coach Shelton). Never count Page out. Beech leaving AA helps some underdogs, although they lost a lot from last year (tough sledding for those ladies this year in a brutal district). District 9 has posted the last two state champions (mad shoutout to Felzien and Ferguson). Calling a Greeneville or Middle TN champ this year. 

7 hours ago, Lincoln19 said:

Not surprised to see Playerscoach be offended by Hatesoccerparent’s post. I love that handle btw.

Offended? Haha. I thanked him. I’m an observer of HS now. It will be fun. Carry on though.

BTW you have a strange obsession with me? 

Edited by Playerscoach

3 hours ago, Lincoln19 said:

Such an exciting life you guys must have!

Well he is a beekeeper extraordinaire and almost 7’ tall and is very fond of Tolstoy. I spend my free time panhandling and breaking film down of the 191 career HS goals and 100 assists my daughter had so I can live vicariously through her. Sure, I sometimes ponder how she “statistically” is one of the best players in the history of TN soccer but was never region MVP.  That sting will go away if she gets a hat trick in the Socon this year. BTW that last part is something MountainVol teases me about often. That was a jab towards him. :)

Seriously, I look forward to watching the teams play this year and hope to catch some games. Lots of good coaches and players in TN to watch. I might even go watch Coach G’s team full of all stars play this season. :)

5 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Well he is a beekeeper extraordinaire and almost 7’ tall and is very fond of Tolstoy. I spend my free time panhandling and breaking film down of the 191 career HS goals and 100 assists my daughter had so I can live vicariously through her. Sure, I sometimes ponder how she “statistically” is one of the best players in the history of TN soccer but was never region MVP.  That sting will go away if she gets a hat trick in the Socon this year. BTW that last part is something MountainVol teases me about often. That was a jab towards him. :)

Seriously, I look forward to watching the teams play this year and hope to catch some games. Lots of good coaches and players in TN to watch. I might even go watch Coach G’s team full of all stars play this season. :)

Wow..!   191 / 100 thats amazing..!