2019 favorites

reaction

19 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Well he is a beekeeper extraordinaire and almost 7’ tall and is very fond of Tolstoy. I spend my free time panhandling and breaking film down of the 191 career HS goals and 100 assists my daughter had so I can live vicariously through her. Sure, I sometimes ponder how she “statistically” is one of the best players in the history of TN soccer but was never region MVP.  That sting will go away if she gets a hat trick in the Socon this year. BTW that last part is something MountainVol teases me about often. That was a jab towards him. :)

Seriously, I look forward to watching the teams play this year and hope to catch some games. Lots of good coaches and players in TN to watch. I might even go watch Coach G’s team full of all stars play this season. :)

Should have scored 9 more.

9 hours ago, Elmer said:

Thought you were the "coach".

Nahh. I leave that to the guy that gets paid for it and he did a great job. Best person and coach in that region by a wide margin IMO. 

It’s funny that you’re still being an anonymous troll. Your safe space is here little guy. Carry on. 

Edited by Playerscoach

2 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Nahh. I leave that to the guy that gets paid for it and he did a great job. Best person and coach in that region by a wide margin IMO. 

It’s funny that you’re still being an anonymous troll. Your safe space is here little guy. Carry on. 

Dude, your name is “Playerscoach”. Fair assumption by Elmer.

Out of Chattanooga, it is the typical powerhouses again with some twists. 

On the private side Baylor & GPS should be favorites to contend for state titles again.  CCS lost a lot of seniors & changed coaches as well as a move up in class. It will be tough for them this year with a freshman keeper and the move up and I don't see them contending for state for a third year in a row.  Notre Dame looks to be a contender for their region title and yes Boyd added some new assistant coaches, 9 solid freshmen that play year round but are still incredibly young with only two seniors.

On the public side Signal Mt should contend again deep into the state tourney.  Soddy Daisy has a ton of senior offense but graduated their keeper to TN Tech and lost a junior center back that transferred to Darlington School in Georgia.  If Soddy contends in the region it will be scoring fests and track meets.  Not sure on East Hamilton but they were strong last year.

22 hours ago, ScenicSoccer said:

Out of Chattanooga, it is the typical powerhouses again with some twists. 

On the private side Baylor & GPS should be favorites to contend for state titles again.  CCS lost a lot of seniors & changed coaches as well as a move up in class. It will be tough for them this year with a freshman keeper and the move up and I don't see them contending for state for a third year in a row.  Notre Dame looks to be a contender for their region title and yes Boyd added some new assistant coaches, 9 solid freshmen that play year round but are still incredibly young with only two seniors.

On the public side Signal Mt should contend again deep into the state tourney.  Soddy Daisy has a ton of senior offense but graduated their keeper to TN Tech and lost a junior center back that transferred to Darlington School in Georgia.  If Soddy contends in the region it will be scoring fests and track meets.  Not sure on East Hamilton but they were strong last year.

Yes and that Soddy Coach always seems to get the most out of who he has year after year.    I would never want to play him twice if I were coaching against him.     I think MCHS and Soddy meet at Region and a big game between East Hamilton and McMinn Central is inevitable. 

Baylor graduated a few Senior girls right?   GPS seems to have a strong group returning from the competitive girls I have seen in the off season and the coach is very good at maximizing his available girls as well. 

Chatt should have some exciting soccer Fall I agree.