2019 favorites

reaction

OR and Bearden play next week I believe.  OR playing really well now it appears, so should be another good one.

With OR at the top of their game, that's really going to be a tough Region to get out of in a few weeks.  Maryville very strong, HVA starting to get results again, OR, and Powell all battling each other.

5 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

We will see each other again, more than likely. 

Unless one gets upset it is very unlikely though right? The only way they would play at state is in the championship game and that ain’t happening, per Houston. So only one of them losing would see the two meeting again in sub-state.

4 minutes ago, ridges82 said:

Unless one gets upset it is very unlikely though right? The only way they would play at state is in the championship game and that ain’t happening, per Houston. So only one of them losing would see the two meeting again in sub-state.

The eight winners of the sectional games shall advance to the central tournament site. The Board of Control shall make the draw for play at the central tournament site. The draw will be made such that if two teams from the same region qualify for the state, they will be drawn to opposite brackets.

By some quirky regional gerrymandering, MHS is in Region 2 and BHS is in Region 1. 

17 hours ago, ridges82 said:

Ahh, I was under the impression that they kept two teams from the same section on opposite sides, not just region. Then yeah I guess it’s probably a decent chance they meet again.

I wish there was a way to seed them. Just like in basketball, the blind draw isn't a good system. Especially if you have District/Region teams which diminish the probability. 

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, fernando9 said:

OR and Bearden play next week I believe.  OR playing really well now it appears, so should be another good one.

With OR at the top of their game, that's really going to be a tough Region to get out of in a few weeks.  Maryville very strong, HVA starting to get results again, OR, and Powell all battling each other. 

Bearden crushed OR on Tuesday night. We'll see how they look against Maryville tonight.

District 3 is a coin flip between Powell and OR. Those two played a tremendous game earlier this year, and I would expect a similar result if they meet in the district final.

Maryville still looks like the team to beat in the Region, but you never know.

1 hour ago, knightsfan said:

Big upset in AA soccer. Nolensville losses in District Semifinals to Page in PKs. Nolensville had been one of the better teams in AA throughout the year. That does seem to be a rivalry game however, which always seems to be close.

Nolensville is ranked #1 in the Eurosport AA state poll. They are an incredibly talented team. It’s sad to see them go so early. I had no clue it ended in penalties (good insight). 

Credit to Coach Clapp and the Page girls. One could argue this district has five of the top ten teams in the state in it. Tullahoma, Spring Hill, and Nolensville seem to be the unfortunate casualties of the brutal nature of the district. 

Saw where MLK won tonight. Any word on the Hume Fogg game or who they played?

8 hours ago, abouttogetmessi said:

Nolensville is ranked #1 in the Eurosport AA state poll. They are an incredibly talented team. It’s sad to see them go so early. I had no clue it ended in penalties (good insight). 

Credit to Coach Clapp and the Page girls. One could argue this district has five of the top ten teams in the state in it. Tullahoma, Spring Hill, and Nolensville seem to be the unfortunate casualties of the brutal nature of the district. 

Saw where MLK won tonight. Any word on the Hume Fogg game or who they played?

Hume Fogg beat Republic 4-1 I believe. MLK hosts Hume Fogg in the District Championship, and if it is anything like it was in the regular season, it will be an exciting game. They tied 1-1, but MLK outshot Hume Fogg like 17-4. The Hume Fogg keeper played the game of her life, and was easily the MVP of that game. Fun fact, after talking with the previous Hume Fogg coach, we believe the last time MLK may have beat Hume Fogg in girls soccer was 1996. They have tied a couple of times, but it has been around 20 years since MLK last beat Hume Fogg.