Dresden Lions 2019

HevyReturns

For 2019 Dresden will face lots of new things. New coach(-es), schedule, teammates, & system. But we will also have a new chance, with new dreams & aspirations, & a new attitude & motivation to be a contender once again. The new head coach selection process is in it's final stages, & I am sure once that is settled then the Lions will get busy on being their best. I hope folk have written off the Lions & think we are irrelevant again. Haha! I can't help but think the naysayers, doubters, & "haters" will be in for quite the surprise. Watch & see! Make it happen men! I say the sun is not setting on the Lions, but this is the dawn of a new beginning, a new rising back to our Lion's winning ways & overcoming whatever obstacles we face. Onward & upward is the way Dresden is headed. GO LIONS!hqdefault.jpg

On 6/11/2019 at 3:07 PM, TennSportsFan77 said:

When should coach be announced ?

There is no set date that I know of, but it has been whittled down to the final 3 or 4 candidates. No doubt it will be quick so the team can get going & ready for summer 7 on 7's & scrimmages & finalizing season schedule. First game will be here lickity split!

** Update. Our new coach has been selected, and full, official, public announcement will be forthcoming shortly. Paperwork & such being finished. The new era has begun. Take hope Dresden sports fans! Methinks all is going to be fine, mighty fine in fact! Lions gonna get their roar & mojo back. Watch & see. GO LIONS! 

And here is some more brief info/history on Coach Wes Johnson from SMU's website (scroll to his name for the 2018 season)https://smumustangs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=4123&path=football .

Looks like Coach has had experience at both HS & college levels, asst. in all aspects, positions, & on both sides of the ball. Now he can put it all together as head coach here at Dresden. Methinks both Coach & our team will step into their greatness. Might surprise a whole lot of folk! Nothing to it but to do it, right? GO LIONS! 

2 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

And here is some more brief info/history on Coach Wes Johnson from SMU's website (scroll to his name for the 2018 season)https://smumustangs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=4123&path=football .

Looks like Coach has had experience at both HS & college levels, asst. in all aspects, positions, & on both sides of the ball. Now he can put it all together as head coach here at Dresden. Methinks both Coach & our team will step into their greatness. Might surprise a whole lot of folk! Nothing to it but to do it, right? GO LIONS! 

Congrats on a class act as a hire !! The Lions program deserved this hire to get them back to a reputation that they earned over a long time but was tarnished quickly !!! Great days ahead for Dresden !!! 

6 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Me thinks I give him the first 3 games and he doesn't have a win and you will turn on him quick.  

13 hours ago, Revrevitup said:

Me thinks I give him the first 3 games and he doesn't have a win and you will turn on him quick.  

Completely agree! This guy is the same age as the last coach, and just because he was at low-level positions with Colleges, he's a great hire? A couple losses will change everything.