Dresden Lions 2019

HevyReturns

**LONG POST AHEAD--  BURNED-EYES DANGER**

ROFLMHO! What part of 'I don't know' this moron 'GiveItUp' doesn't know, I don't know. Ha!  I think both of the older Yates brothers have moved off to college, incl'd one injured last year. But from what I think I've heard, there is yet a younger Yates coming up. Maybe not. I don't know for certain because I can no longer visit practices almost daily, or weightroom, and don't live in the immediate area to know such details as to last names, family-ties, positions played, or such. So I could be mistaken on precise details, as I have been before. Time will reveal all the specifics of what's what & who's who. What's so hilarious (on a sad, pitiful level) about this 'GiveItUp' imitative imbecile, (who obviously is an all-knowing guru held in honorable, high esteem by all who know them), it's sad that no matter how many different ways "I don't know" is said, he still puts me up to status of guru. Or will attribute a lie to simply unknowing something. Hahahaaaa! Poor soul, he (or she? Idk) can't  help it. One can't expect any wholesome words, a smidgen of sanity, or simple  common sense from such a pitiful, negative, accusative person. Or even having basic reading comprehension skills. (The more they post the more is revealed about themself... definitely needing a Come To Jesus moment, or two, or twelve. Ha!). I don't have to be a guru nor an expert to be a faithful fan & excited encourager of our local team. Good thing too, haha, 'cause I'd never rise to such lofty heights of football acumen to be either. And never claimed to be such. Silly little person, they just can't help themselves, and will probably never realize the truth of anything said. Oh well, it is what it is. (btw GiveItUp, if some words or concepts are unknown to you, there are books to help, like a dictionary, thesaurus or encyclopedia... and there's a big building in most towns that have oodles of books, it's called a Public Library. Amazing what you might find there.!) Oh snap.. oops, my bad, I forgot who I was talking to. The almighty awesome one who needs no help, who knows all, & who has it all figured out. Sorry.. I bow my humble head, lower my eyes, and slowly back away.. slithering to the hole I crawled from. .. Ha! 

As to football, as I've stated several times, I don't know who is or is not playing for Dresden. I very well may have misheard or repeated something incomplete as to exact names... again, as said in other posts I have yet to see this season's team or meet the coach. But hopefully lots of guys will want to play once again now that we have a different coach. And I am hopeful our new coach will meld together a pride of able, hungry Lions who are eager to get back to our winning ways. There are lots I don't know.. but this I DO KNOW, namely, that a negative-hearted, stinking-thinking, brow-beating, foul-mouthed & character-assassinating "coach" (or team-member, or family, friends, or fans for that matter) will never, never, ever bring out the best on a team, or out of another.  And I am sure our new head coach & his staff will do a fine job, & our team (whoever is on it), that they'll get gooder & gooder each practice, scrimmage, & game. May the era of Coach Wes Johnson be long & prosperous, with beaucoup gold trophies & championships, & even more importantly, to graduating a huge company of young men who do awesome things as adults, & who attribute their blessed lives to the time they had as a team-member at Dresden under Coach Johnson's tenure. GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY. 

53 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Your Lions have a date with my Lions Aug 30'th Hevy... you going to make it here?

At Scott's Hill I see. Cool! Betcha 1,000 to 1 odds the Lions will win! :-) .. I sure hope to attend! The only hindrance this year I'll have whether home or away is a ride. .. I may do like a family I knew in NC who rented a car every weekend. Was actually cheaper than payments & insurance etc. Most "stuff" & "errands" are done on weekends anyways, it may make sense/cents for me too. Will havta see. btw.. my family and I were "thiiiiis close" to moving to Scotts Hill instead of landing in Dresden. We have come to luv this area (in spite of contrarian sentiments by those who feel otherwise about us.. ha!) & no doubt we would have enjoyed SH Lions den as well. I hope its a great developmental game for both of us with zero injuries! If I do go I'll be dressed in all black, cowbell & horn, a big round dude sitting at bottom near field. Maybe with a walking cane, idk. Come & chat if so!  

Edited by HevyReturns
misspelled typos

18 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

At Scott's Hill I see. Cool! Betcha 1,000 to 1 odds the Lions will win! :-) .. I sure hope to attend! The only hindrance this year I'll have whether home or away is a ride. .. I may do like a family I knew in NC who rented a car every weekend. Was actually cheaper than payments & insurance etc. Most "stuff" & "errands" are done on weekends anyways, it may make sense/cents for me too. Will havta see. btw.. my family and I were "thiiiiis close" to moving to Scotts Hill instead of landing in Dresden. We have come to luv this area (in spite of contrarian sentiments by those who feel otherwise about us.. ha!) & no doubt we would have enjoyed SH Lions den as well. I hope its a great developmental game for both of us with zero injuries! If I do go I'll be dressed in all black, cowbell & horn, a big round dude sitting at bottom near field. Maybe with a walking cane, idk. Come & chat if so!  

Hope to see you there... Gate and food's on me.

On 7/18/2019 at 1:22 PM, HevyReturns said:

**LONG POST AHEAD--  BURNED-EYES DANGER**

ROFLMHO! What part of 'I don't know' this moron 'GiveItUp' doesn't know, I don't know. Ha!  I think both of the older Yates brothers have moved off to college, incl'd one injured last year. But from what I think I've heard, there is yet a younger Yates coming up. Maybe not. I don't know for certain because I can no longer visit practices almost daily, or weightroom, and don't live in the immediate area to know such details as to last names, family-ties, positions played, or such. So I could be mistaken on precise details, as I have been before. Time will reveal all the specifics of what's what & who's who. What's so hilarious (on a sad, pitiful level) about this 'GiveItUp' imitative imbecile, (who obviously is an all-knowing guru held in honorable, high esteem by all who know them), it's sad that no matter how many different ways "I don't know" is said, he still puts me up to status of guru. Or will attribute a lie to simply unknowing something. Hahahaaaa! Poor soul, he (or she? Idk) can't  help it. One can't expect any wholesome words, a smidgen of sanity, or simple  common sense from such a pitiful, negative, accusative person. Or even having basic reading comprehension skills. (The more they post the more is revealed about themself... definitely needing a Come To Jesus moment, or two, or twelve. Ha!). I don't have to be a guru nor an expert to be a faithful fan & excited encourager of our local team. Good thing too, haha, 'cause I'd never rise to such lofty heights of football acumen to be either. And never claimed to be such. Silly little person, they just can't help themselves, and will probably never realize the truth of anything said. Oh well, it is what it is. (btw GiveItUp, if some words or concepts are unknown to you, there are books to help, like a dictionary, thesaurus or encyclopedia... and there's a big building in most towns that have oodles of books, it's called a Public Library. Amazing what you might find there.!) Oh snap.. oops, my bad, I forgot who I was talking to. The almighty awesome one who needs no help, who knows all, & who has it all figured out. Sorry.. I bow my humble head, lower my eyes, and slowly back away.. slithering to the hole I crawled from. .. Ha! 

As to football, as I've stated several times, I don't know who is or is not playing for Dresden. I very well may have misheard or repeated something incomplete as to exact names... again, as said in other posts I have yet to see this season's team or meet the coach. But hopefully lots of guys will want to play once again now that we have a different coach. And I am hopeful our new coach will meld together a pride of able, hungry Lions who are eager to get back to our winning ways. There are lots I don't know.. but this I DO KNOW, namely, that a negative-hearted, stinking-thinking, brow-beating, foul-mouthed & character-assassinating "coach" (or team-member, or family, friends, or fans for that matter) will never, never, ever bring out the best on a team, or out of another.  And I am sure our new head coach & his staff will do a fine job, & our team (whoever is on it), that they'll get gooder & gooder each practice, scrimmage, & game. May the era of Coach Wes Johnson be long & prosperous, with beaucoup gold trophies & championships, & even more importantly, to graduating a huge company of young men who do awesome things as adults, & who attribute their blessed lives to the time they had as a team-member at Dresden under Coach Johnson's tenure. GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY. 

Me thinks that a nerve was struck.  Little back peddlin going on.  You see your the one calling name and putting out negative vibes there pardner.  Slow your roll and one thing is correct you your self never get on and be negative you always get your bud to do it for you  so you seem to be the positive one. But those who know you or have seen you on action know the real deal. And you DID say yates was returning and that would mean he was already there so that casts a ponderance on your saying a third Yates was coming up.  Just take it easy just pokin fun and I will still get my popcorn and watch how you handle this season.  

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Revrevitup said:

Me thinks that a nerve was struck.  Little back peddlin going on.  You see your the one calling name and putting out negative vibes there pardner.  Slow your roll and one thing is correct you your self never get on and be negative you always get your bud to do it for you  so you seem to be the positive one. But those who know you or have seen you on action know the real deal. And you DID say yates was returning and that would mean he was already there so that casts a ponderance on your saying a third Yates was coming up.  Just take it easy just pokin fun and I will still get my popcorn and watch how you handle this season.  

Rite on

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Word over here in Mustang land is that its Huntingdon vs Scott's Hill Aug 16th at the jamboree in Lexington. Mustangs will be basically the same caliber team as last year. What's y'alls expectations over in Lion land?

Better, but not ready for your 'stangs. We've had a rough couple of years complicated by non football situations that hurt numbers and development of players. That's in the rear view mirror now... with our current coaching staff I fully expect us to get back to where we were three or four years ago, but realistically, I know that Rome wasn't built in a day (or rebuilt, for that matter). With Stroup as coach we had 60+ players, with depth on both sides of the ball that could handle their assignments and play with most anyone for four full quarters. For the past couple of years, numbers dictated that we just couldn't match up with good teams, and right now we're somewhere between the worst we've been and where we want to be. Kids are beginning to come back to the program, and the ones that stuck it out will tell you how much better the attitudes and work ethic are, but all our best athletes still aren't playing football... yet. Coach Woodmore will have what he has available ready to play from kickoff to the final whistle... other than that it's anybody's guess just how much better than last year we'll be.

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Better, but not ready for your 'stangs. We've had a rough couple of years complicated by non football situations that hurt numbers and development of players. That's in the rear view mirror now... with our current coaching staff I fully expect us to get back to where we were three or four years ago, but realistically, I know that Rome wasn't built in a day (or rebuilt, for that matter). With Stroup as coach we had 60+ players, with depth on both sides of the ball that could handle their assignments and play with most anyone for four full quarters. For the past couple of years, numbers dictated that we just couldn't match up with good teams, and right now we're somewhere between the worst we've been and where we want to be. Kids are beginning to come back to the program, and the ones that stuck it out will tell you how much better the attitudes and work ethic are, but all our best athletes still aren't playing football... yet. Coach Woodmore will have what he has available ready to play from kickoff to the final whistle... other than that it's anybody's guess just how much better than last year we'll be.

Good luck to you guys this season. Always enjoy playing Scott's Hill in all sports. Great bunch of fans.