Middle TN Recuiting

FBfan26

I dont know if some of you guys have been paying attention but over the past month" Especially the past 2 weeks" Alabama,LSU,Georgia & Kentucky has been passing out offers like a hot potato. What's  even crazier is a lot of these guys don't have offers from UT which makes me scratch my head.

• 3 weeks later...

Best as I can tell, UT tends to think they're better off recruiting Nationally, especially for their skill players. They'll offer pretty much every 4 and 5 star kid no matter where they live, but then only offer the lower-ranked Tennessee kids once someone else shows interest.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

They may feel like they are gonna have a hard time going up against nearby programs like Alabama and Georgia.

But I have wondered it in recent years as well. Why they tend to focus so much on recruiting the west coast than they do in their own backyard.

It would seem to me that I would rather have a kid ranked slightly lower that was a local with some skin in the game in regards to region pride and tradition.

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2019 at 9:49 AM, Osage said:

Best as I can tell, UT tends to think they're better off recruiting Nationally, especially for their skill players. They'll offer pretty much every 4 and 5 star kid no matter where they live, but then only offer the lower-ranked Tennessee kids once someone else shows interest.

Some kids like De'Aree McDonald didn't even get offered. I understand they have to recruit nationally but TN is bursting at the seams with talent and would hate to see instate kids be successful at an out of state SEC program

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Some kids like De'Aree McDonald didn't even get offered. I understand they have to recruit nationally but TN is bursting at the seams with talent and would hate to see instate kids be successful at an out of state SEC program

It burns me up to lol.