6aaa 2019-20

repoman

31 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Not much to argue with here.   Looking forward to some of these matchups.  Should be some absolute wars this year.    6aaa could end up being the cream of the middle TN districts.   Just alot of good teams.  Only about a month away.

only thing bad about this district it just has 5 teams, I think that hurts it compared to 6A and 8AA. 

3 hours ago, repoman said:

only thing bad about this district it just has 5 teams, I think that hurts it compared to 6A and 8AA. 

How do you think it hurts?  With the number of good teams?  I would like to see Cumberland County back at AAA and I would expect that to happen soon. Maybe they can get back in here and even it up.  But there aren’t many teams close to us that would fit in the district.  

I think it helps us a little.  We get to schedule some of the other regions best teams before conference play.  But I don’t really care if people respect the district.  I think they will show how solid this district is in regional play.

Cookeville Lady Cavs take care of business at Station Camp last night.  Slow start but turned it around in 2nd qtr and didn’t look back.  

Looks like we are on a collision course with Westmoreland in the second round of the Aflac Christmas tournament in Watertown.  After watching them on film it’s obvious they can definitely play.  Should be a good game.  

Edited by LadyCavsFan

Lady Cavs roll past Moore Co BIG last night and face a very good Westmoreland team tonight in the semi finals.   After watching Westmoreland play on film and in person its safe to say that this team is legit.  They didn't get lucky beating MC or Upperman.  They play really fast and get down the court in transition really well.  We will have our hands full for sure.  #24 is REALLY good so good luck to the Lady Cavs tonight.  #IronSharpensIron  #nocupcakes

Tough loss tonight.  35-22 was final score  but that doesn’t represent the game.  Cookeville led for most of 3 quarters in a defensive battle.  Both teams played extremely well defensively.  Best defensive performance I have seen in a very long time.   Cookeville led14-11 at the half. Tied 19-19 at end of 3.  Westmoreland pulled away in final few minutes.  Stretched lead from 4 to 13 at the FT line. Lady Cavs couldn’t convert when we needed it.  There just wasn’t an open shot on either side of the court unless it was a 3 from 6ft behind the line.    Westmoreland capitalized on a couple turnovers and got some transition layups late in the 4th and Lady Cavs couldn’t make them up.  Our team is still trying to figure out how to win in a close game late In the 4th.  One more game at Watertown then off the Daytona.  

Merry Christmas and safe travels to everyone on coacht.

Edited by LadyCavsFan

White County goes 1-2(Diamond bracket)at the POA Holiday Classic in Portland, Oregon. We drew South Medford(#2 in the state of Oregon 6A)in the first round. South Medford went on to win the Championship. We won our 2nd round game and lost our consolation game in OT. Great experience playing some good teams out West. 

Edited by 85warrior

Lady Cavs closed the year with a roller coaster trip to the Daytona Sunshine Classic.  First game was a comeback thrilling win over one of the top teams in South Carolina and the best team in the tournament (Ridge View, SC) .   Lady Cavs showed alot of fight in the game and beat a REALLY good team after coming back from a 15pt deficit in second half.  Semifinal was a close loss to Pulaski Co. KY in which we played the worst game we have played all year.   Just couldn't make a shot (10-15 missed layups) and too many turnovers.  Pulaski made something like 22-24 FT and did everything they needed to do to win.    The Final game of the year was a blowout win in the 3rd place game over Dutchtown GA by ~50.   

Coming into 2020 , we are still lacking consistency on the offensive side of the court but we can play at a VERY high level when everything is rolling.   We need to improve on our half court offense and 3pt shooting %.  If we are to improve in those areas, I expect us to be competing for the district and regional championship THIS season.  The freshmen are playing great and have really started to show improvement over the last 6+ games.  KK Graves is without a doubt one of the top players in 6AAA and is ready for a monster season.   Through the first 15 games, we have looked very good.  Especially when you consider we have played the entire season without our starting senior guard (2x all conference and 2019 6AAA defensive player of the year).   She is hoping that she will be medically cleared in the next week or so and will be back before district play starts.  Lady Cavs ended 2019 with some highs and lows and hopefully we have gotten those bad games out before the district play comes around.  It won't take long for us to find out because we have East Hamilton, Cleveland, White County, and Stone over a 10 day stretch starting in about a week.    

Basketball Fans:   Clear your calendar for  JAN 17 @ Cookeville and FEB 4 @ WCHS.   I still think there is nothing like the Cookeville vs White County rivalry in the Upper Cumberland.  I have been to ALOT of games in my life and nothing comes close to that environment.  Cookeville has won the last 3 games and is looking to make it 5+ in a row in 2020.   Its a fun game to attend even if you are not a fan of either team.  After last season,  I expect there to be alot of fireworks this year.  Bye 2019 and lookout 2020.   Lady Cavs are coming for ya....