6aaa 2019-20

repoman

5 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I didn’t  think tonight’s game was a great game to watch.  There was some runs by both teams but imo the officials were too involved on both sides of the court.  I think the coaches of Stone and Cookeville would say the same thing.  They called a lot of offensive fouls and some quick 3 second calls that just killed the flow of the game.   Stone did what I expected and isolated their bigs on our smaller forwards and guards.  And we never really had an answer for that.  I don’t know what their final numbers were but I would say Miller had 30+ With 15 or more from FT line.  It was a close game the first half (I think it was was 21-19 at the end of 2).  Unfortunately the Lady Cavs didn’t show up in the 3rd qtr.  Stone took a double digit lead after a 14-0 run with sloppy guard play and poor shooting by the Cavs..   The 4th quarter was a different story.  Cookeville started the game 0-15 from 3 before finally hitting 3 straight in the 4th.   Cavs go on a run of the own in the 4th cutting lead to 5 with less than 3:00 left.  In the end Stone stops the Cavs on final 3-4 possessions.  And closed the game scoring the final 6 pts at the FT line stretching the lead to 11.  Props to them.  If you shoot that well from the line it’s very difficult to come back.  

I said earlier today it would come down to the final 3 minutes and it was a two possession game at that point.  Stone made the plays they needed to win and Cookeville came up short.   Stone was the better team tonight and got a big district win.  Congrats.

I agree it was not really a fun game to watch, largely because of the officials. They called way too many fouls on both sides ( I am curious what the final count is,) and seemed to break up any rhythm either team started to get into. The fans around me agreed as well. 

19 minutes ago, buc1973 said:

Rhea beat Warren 70-37 last night. I’m tellin y’all- don’t sleep on Rhea. From what I’ve seen so far, they are one of the toughest teams in this district. 

I won't be surprised at all if they beat us(White Co.) Friday. We struggled to beat Cumberland County last night. You can't have 20+ turnovers a game and beat solid teams. 

On 1/22/2020 at 2:41 PM, 85warrior said:

I won't be surprised at all if they beat us(White Co.) Friday. We struggled to beat Cumberland County last night. You can't have 20+ turnovers a game and beat solid teams. 

White Co was up 26-25 halftime, but had no answer to Hampton in the second half.  56-42 Rhea Co. White Co missed too many layups, had too many turnovers.

Edited by jimbo44

16 minutes ago, jimbo44 said:

White Co was up 26-25 halftime, but had no answer to Hampton in the second half.  56-42 Rhea Co. White Co missed too many layups, had too many turnovers.

Exactly. One player missed 4 uncontested layups and threw the ball to the opposition AT LEAST 6 times. That's not counting the rest of the team. The same players were playing better than we are now 2 years ago. We should have been up double digits in the first half. Oh well.

Edited by 85warrior

25 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Exactly. One player missed 4 uncontested layups and threw the ball to the opposition AT LEAST 6 times. That's not counting the rest of the team. The same players were playing better than we are now 2 years ago. We should have been up double digits in the first half. Oh well.

Why were they playing better two years ago? 

13 hours ago, buc1973 said:

Why were they playing better two years ago? 

That's the million dollar question.  Maybe it's just me, but it seems the desire to rebound, play defense, etc. just isn't there right now. The sloppy passes leading to countless turnovers is simply horrible this year.

Edited by 85warrior