6aaa 2019-20

repoman

The rule is that 8th graders can play if 8th-12th are under one roof and governed by one administration.  They can join the team and not play 8th grade at all or they can start high school ball after 8th grade finishes up.  

Madison Hayes did not play 8th grade basketball.  She actually started varsity as an 8th grader and averaged 12 pts and 8 reb.  

• Like 1

Very few 8th graders are good enough to play at the HS level and make a significant impact.  I think the best thing 8th graders can do after their season is hit the weight room and play on a competitive AAU team over the summer.   HS ball is a completely different animal and if you want to make an impact as a Freshman, the fastest way is to get stronger and faster than you are now.  Big girl ball starts in 10 months.  

3 hours ago, coachinhoops said:

The rule is that 8th graders can play if 8th-12th are under one roof and governed by one administration.  They can join the team and not play 8th grade at all or they can start high school ball after 8th grade finishes up.  

Madison Hayes did not play 8th grade basketball.  She actually started varsity as an 8th grader and averaged 12 pts and 8 reb.  

Wow that’s impressive in that level and that district!  I did not know that about Madison.  She is a special player for sure.

On 1/25/2020 at 8:35 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

Stone is very good but they are beatable.  I picked them to win the district this year but after playing them I definitely think Cookeville will beat them at least once this year.  We just can’t start the game 0-15 from 3 and we will need to adjust defensively.  They are too good to beat with a poor shooting night.  If you ask me there is nothing settled in this district yet.  It’s going to be a battle till the end. 

Everybody will play their hearts oit for 1st in district cause they dont wanna go to bradley 1st game in region tournament and have their season end too early. All 4 teams will play their hearts out to avoid finishing 4th in district tournament

24 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Everybody will play their hearts oit for 1st in district cause they dont wanna go to bradley 1st game in region tournament and have their season end too early. All 4 teams will play their hearts out to avoid finishing 4th in district tournament

Agreed. Of course nobody in District 5 wants to finish 4th and travel to Stone in the first round of the region either.

43 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

We play for championships not to avoid Bradley Central.  But obviously it’s a better bracket if you finish 1st.

On 1/26/2020 at 8:49 AM, coachinhoops said:

A couple of years ago there was discussion on allowing 8th graders to play with the high school, if there was only one feeder to the school (such as in the same county, one high school/one middle school). I don't think it went anywhere. In my view, those teams should be allowed or the "one roof" schools need to stop. The extra year of practice with the high school team is a big advantage, no matter if they just play JV on the high school. 

5 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

You might want to consider the possibility of Bradley Co's season ending too early this year.  6AAA teams are not trying to dodge playing them.  White Co, Cookeville, Stone and Rhea Co could all beat BC on any given night.  It wouldn't surprise me if there isn't a single District 5AAA team make it past the 1st round of the Region Tournament.  We might just end up playing the District 6AAA Tournament at White Co twice this year!!!