6aaa 2019-20

repoman

1. Stone

2. Cookeville

4. Rhea County 

5. Warren County 

I will say Stone is the team to beat until someone beats them.   Cookeville was 2nd in the district last year and beat the "other team" mentioned 3 times in a row so until they can beat the Cavs in the games that matter they are gonna be #3 on my list.  Rhea county has a new coach with alot of wins but he was from a much smaller school.  This district is going to be very good this year.  Gonna be alot of good basketball played this year.

Edited by LadyCavsFan

• 2 months later...

Looks like the Lady Cavs will open the season with their first two games of the year against the #1 and #2 ranked AAA teams in the state according to Mr Lownsdale's TN Report.   They open the season against Lebanon on Tuesday Nov 19 and then play Riverdale four days later (both at home).    I LOVE it!   If you want to be the best you first have to beat the best.  They also have an home and away later in the year  with East Hamilton which is also in the top 5.  This is going to be a fun year for the Cavs.    

Edited by LadyCavsFan

On 8/26/2019 at 11:45 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

Looks like the Lady Cavs will open the season with their first two games of the year against the #1 and #2 ranked AAA teams in the state according to Mr Lownsdale's TN Report.   They open the season against Lebanon on Tuesday Nov 19 and then play Riverdale four days later (both at home).    I LOVE it!   If you want to be the best you first have to beat the best.  They also have an home and away later in the year  with East Hamilton which is also in the top 5.  This is going to be a fun year for the Cavs.    

Staring down the barrell of  .500 season, hopefully a weak Christmas tourny thrown in.

On 8/29/2019 at 5:52 PM, repoman said:

Staring down the barrell of  .500 season, hopefully a weak Christmas tourny thrown in.

Lay off the sauce repo.  Not a chance we will be a .500 team!  This team is loaded.  We won 22 games last year.  This year that number will increase.   And we probably have the best freshmen class this school has seen in a very long time....maybe ever.  

Edited by LadyCavsFan

• 2 weeks later...

Why is Bradley not ranked 1st? They're the state champs so until someone beats them in playoffs they are the team to beat. Win a state title as underdog and still get no love. Riverdale will be down without acasia Hayes for most of the season. THat's an opening for someone like Blackman or Oakland to dethrone them in district 7. Lebanon who lost in state quarterfinal last year is ranked 1st?

3 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Why is Bradley not ranked 1st? They're the state champs so until someone beats them in playoffs they are the team to beat. Win a state title as underdog and still get no love. Riverdale will be down without acasia Hayes for most of the season. THat's an opening for someone like Blackman or Oakland to dethrone them in district 7. Lebanon who lost in state quarterfinal last year is ranked 1st?

Very good question and points.  I have expressed my opinion on this ranking and the coacht rankings in other threads.  There needs to be a coaching poll where established coaches and maybe some AP writers vote in these rankings.   But this isn’t it....

• 2 weeks later...