6aaa 2019-20

repoman

1 hour ago, buc1973 said:

Tomorrow for Stone and Rhea. This should be a good game.

I like some pieces that Rhea has but I still have to see them play someone.   Their schedule last year vs this year is like night and day.  They played one of the toughest schedules in the state the first half of last year and this year they have played one of the weakest schedules.  The only "good" team they played so far is Clarkrange and that was a loss.   And the Cumberland County score stands out to me.  Not sure how it was that close.   I know Hampton is the best guard in 6AAA and Cameron is a very good player but  is that enough to compete in 6AAA this year?  I still have them in the 4 spot but I know they did pull some upsets last year. And with the best player on the court you have a chance every night.  No disrespect to them.  I saw them beat Cookeville at home last year so I know they are dangerous.  I just have to see it to believe it.

As for the match up against Stone, well that is a problem with all of 6AAA.  Two D1 post players are a tough match up for anyone in our district.  Especially when the bigs can stretch the floor and play above the arc.   Not only play above the arc, Capps is a sniper from 3.   Thats gonna be tough on all of us.  Just don't see Rhea staying in the game unless Hampton can pull off a 40 pt game.   But of course I would LOVE to see Rhea win.  :D  Good luck.

Edited by LadyCavsFan

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I like some pieces that Rhea has but I still have to see them play someone.   Their schedule last year vs this year is like night and day.  They played one of the toughest schedules in the state the first half of last year and this year they have played one of the weakest schedules.  The only "good" team they played so far is Clarkrange and that was a loss.   And the Cumberland County score stands out to me.  Not sure how it was that close.   I know Hampton is the best guard in 6AAA and Cameron is a very good player but  is that enough to compete in 6AAA this year?  I still have them in the 4 spot but I know they did pull some upsets last year. And with the best player on the court you have a chance every night.  No disrespect to them.  I saw them beat Cookeville at home last year so I know they are dangerous.  I just have to see it to believe it.

As for the match up against Stone, well that is a problem with all of 6AAA.  Two D1 post players are a tough match up for anyone in our district.  Especially when the bigs can stretch the floor and play above the arc.   Not only play above the arc, Capps is a sniper from 3.   Thats gonna be tough on all of us.  Just don't see Rhea staying in the game unless Hampton can pull off a 40 pt game.   But of course I would LOVE to see Rhea win.  :D  Good luck.

I like your analysis so I'll stick with that. :) Thank you!

7 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Don’t forget about the Welch girl for Rhea, she had several 20 points games this year, they 3 really good players.

7 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

White County will probably be 4th. 

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Don’t forget about the Welch girl for Rhea, she had several 20 points games this year, they 3 really good players.

I admit I haven’t seen them play in person this year but based on what I saw last year, they had some shooters and Welch is one of those.  I saw where she hit (6) 3s vs Red Bank earlier this season.  With Hampton you can easily have a shooter stand on the 3 pt line and shoot open shots all night.  You have to pick your poison.  If you help on Hampton (and most teams will have to) then the other shooters will get open looks.  The best two players on that team are Cameron and Hampton.  But good players always make the other players better.  When they beat us last year, I think the team made like 5 FG that wasn’t a 3.  Hampton made something crazy like 23 FT.  

Things are about to get real with district play coming up.  There will be a lot more clarity over the next couple weeks.  Looking forward to watching some good games.

Edited by LadyCavsFan