6aaa 2019-20

repoman

6 hours ago, TigerGoat said:

I have no knowledge of any of these teams except Rhea. Not sure how good they will be this year with a new coach, but they do have the best player in the district, Mallory Hampton!!!

There is no question she is one of the best (if not the best) in 6AAA.  Love watching that kid play.  She is a baller.   Just wish we could stop her!    Hampton is just the reigning back to back player of the year in 6AAA..

17 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

There is no question she is one of the best (if not the best) in 6AAA.  Love watching that kid play.  She is a baller.   Just wish we could stop her!    Hampton is just the reigning back to back player of the year in 6AAA..

She carries Rhea to finishing 3rd. 

Edited by repoman
Spell

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JET4LIFE84 said:

Hate to say but Stone will be on top again in this district. The Rhea county girl was the best I saw last year not wearing a JETS jersey

Stone is definitely the team to beat.   But I think the gap between 1-3 is much smaller this year.   I wouldn't be surprised if it went to a 3 way tie breaker this year.   And Hampton will likely be back to back to back player of the year.  She's that good.   

11 hours ago, HurricanePride said:

One would think that 1-4 might be a tight race in that they can all beat each other.  By saying 1-3 has tightened up who are you saying is not a legit contender? 

Fair question.  I didn’t mean it as any disrespect.  You could say 1-4 but in my opinion Rhea is a little behind the other 3.  I believe they are lacking depth and with a coaching change I am not sure what to expect.   I know they had the coach of the year last year so it would be hard to imagine a new coach being an upgrade.  Hampton will carry them to some wins but I think they are missing a player or two to be in the top three.   If another player steps up and they don’t have to depend on Hampton to score 35 then it could easily be a 4 team race.  

Rhea has everyone back from what I can remember from last year when they played us at EH.  They actually had us beat in the region at our place.  Looking on this website at last year's district schedule they split with Cookeville, beat White County both times, and played Stone pretty tough.  Stone graduated some good ones.  Cookeville graduated hands down their best player.  I'm not sure who White County graduated, but on paper Rhea was already better than them.  I think Rhea has to be considered a threat to win 6AAA.

25 minutes ago, HurricanePride said:

Rhea has everyone back from what I can remember from last year when they played us at EH.  They actually had us beat in the region at our place.  Looking on this website at last year's district schedule they split with Cookeville, beat White County both times, and played Stone pretty tough.  Stone graduated some good ones.  Cookeville graduated hands down their best player.  I'm not sure who White County graduated, but on paper Rhea was already better than them.  I think Rhea has to be considered a threat to win 6AAA.

I know that the Hampton girls is the backbone of the team, but the Cameron girl Is a really good player, I watched her this summer and she looked really good. And the Welch girl is going to be a handful, I watched her this fall, she’s deadly from three. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HurricanePride said:

I can see where you are coming from.  I didn’t call them scrubs.  And you are on point with most of what you said.  We will see how it plays out.  

10 hours ago, HurricanePride said:

White County(22-9 last year)returns everyone and has a Freshman class that finished 3rd in the state tourney last year as 8th graders. 

Edited by 85warrior