6aaa 2019-20

repoman

2 hours ago, 85warrior said:

White County(22-9 last year)returns everyone and has a Freshman class that finished 3rd in the state tourney last year as 8th graders. 

Did the White Co. 8th graders play Cleveland’s 8th grade or Lake Forrest (Bradley’s feeder)?

Cleveland MS was really, really good & LF wasn’t too far behind them. Both had potential All-State players on them (as 9th graders, I don’t expect them to be more than role players). I said ‘All State’, not (Rhyne Howard) ’All American’. I don’t know exactly how the MS ‘State Tourney’ works... 

Edited by FootballFan51

2 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Did the White Co. 8th graders play Cleveland’s 8th grade or Lake Forrest (Bradley’s feeder)?

Cleveland MS was really, really good & LF wasn’t too far behind them. Both had potential All-State players on them (as 9th graders, I don’t expect them to be more than role players). I said ‘All State’, not (Rhyne Howard) ’All American’. I don’t know exactly how the MS ‘State Tourney’ works... 

Bracket here https://tssaasports.com/event/bracket.cfm?id=20180383

It’s similar to High school except not all middle schools are sanctioned so not all schools can play in it.   Looks like LF didn’t make it out of second round.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Bracket here https://tssaasports.com/event/bracket.cfm?id=20180383

It’s similar to High school except not all middle schools are sanctioned so not all schools can play in it.   Looks like LF didn’t make it out of second round.

Very cool. Thanks for the link. I have no idea if Lake Forrest had girls out or what, but they had a strong group of girls. Time will tell. 

On 10/11/2019 at 1:40 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Almost there....I think 6AAA takes a big step forward this year.  2-3 teams in this district have final 8 potential.  Can’t wait for it to get started.  Lady Cavs have hit the weight room hard and are ready to show out.  Come check out a game or two this year.  Lots of great games on the schedule.

Big difference in being good around Upper Cumberland  and making final 8 at glass house in triple aaa ,must have some difference makers to get to that level.

5 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

How much do they charge for those seats per year?  Also I heard there was a waiting list for those seats as well.  Thats pretty cool.

Well in the 80's it was about $40. It has now creeped up to about $100 each for the season. In the 90's there was a huge waiting list. Rarely did anyone give up their seats. They do it a bit different now. For those of us that have had their seats for years like myself have been "grandfathered" in and we have the option of getting the exact same seats every year. I'm not exactly sure how they do it now if people want seats. They no longer go by the wait list I'm told.

3 hours ago, 85warrior said:

Well in the 80's it was about $40. It has now creeped up to about $100 each for the season. In the 90's there was a huge waiting list. Rarely did anyone give up their seats. They do it a bit different now. For those of us that have had their seats for years like myself have been "grandfathered" in and we have the option of getting the exact same seats every year. I'm not exactly sure how they do it now if people want seats. They no longer go by the wait list I'm told.

Best of luck to WC from an old rival. I miss the days of the old 7-AAA

From 2019-20 6AAA Media Day

Coaches Poll

1. Stone

2. WC

3.  Cookeville

4.  Rhea County

5.  Warren County

Media Poll

1. WC

2. Stone

3.  Cookeville

4.  Rhea

5.  Warren County

http://herald-citizen.com/stories/chs-boys-basketball-picked-second-girls-third-in-preseason-polls,38146

I never really care what these polls say but figured someone on here would.  I still stick with my prediction because I know what I have seen with my own eyes.  It’s almost here and we will have less to debate.  I can’t wait!  :grin:

27 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

From 2019-20 6AAA Media Day

Coaches Poll

1. Stone

2. WC

3.  Cookeville

4.  Rhea County

5.  Warren County

Media Poll

1. WC

2. Stone

3.  Cookeville

4.  Rhea

5.  Warren County

http://herald-citizen.com/stories/chs-boys-basketball-picked-second-girls-third-in-preseason-polls,38146

I never really care what these polls say but figured someone on here would.  I still stick with my prediction because I know what I have seen with my own eyes.  It’s almost here and we will have less to debate.  I can’t wait!  :grin:

get to cleaning those rose-colored glasses real good Lady Cav, we want you seeing really well bout January, hope you aren't totally blind by then..

@repoman  Haha!  Don’t worry if I am wrong I will be the first to admit it.   But I heard the same crap last year.   I said we would finish top two and we did.  If I remember right we had a chance to win district on the last game of regular season.   What do we need to do to make you believe?  Beat WC 3 more times in a row?

Everyone wants to talk about what we lost in our senior post player.  We will definitely miss 22 no doubt.  She is a great player.  But the same people forget we played 10 players with significant minutes.  We played more Fr and So than anyone in the district.   We return our leaders in every major statistical category except scoring (16 ppg)..  We also have the best group of freshmen this school has seen in a VERY long time.  

You think I am seeing through rose glasses.  I think it’s because I saw them beat Bradley central by 7,  Blackman by 30,  Oakland, Stewart’s Creek, Mt Juliet, etc all this summer.   We may be weaker at the 5 position but you will see very quickly that this team is a better team top to bottom than we were last year.   We may struggle early in the season with the crazy tough schedule but when district play starts this team will be rolling.  Maybe by Jan you will be ready to jump on the ship.  I will save you a seat....  :rolleyes: