6aaa 2019-20

repoman

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

@repoman  Haha!  Don’t worry if I am wrong I will be the first to admit it.   But I heard the same crap last year.   I said we would finish top two and we did.  If I remember right we had a chance to win district on the last game of regular season.   What do we need to do to make you believe?  Beat WC 3 more times in a row?

Everyone wants to talk about what we lost in our senior post player.  We will definitely miss 22 no doubt.  She is a great player.  But the same people forget we played 10 players with significant minutes.  We played more Fr and So than anyone in the district.   We return our leaders in every major statistical category except scoring (16 ppg)..  We also have the best group of freshmen this school has seen in a VERY long time.  

You think I am seeing through rose glasses.  I think it’s because I saw them beat Bradley central by 7,  Blackman by 30,  Oakland, Stewart’s Creek, Mt Juliet, etc all this summer.   We may be weaker at the 5 position but you will see very quickly that this team is a better team top to bottom than we were last year.   We may struggle early in the season with the crazy tough schedule but when district play starts this team will be rolling.  Maybe by Jan you will be ready to jump on the ship.  I will save you a seat....  :rolleyes:

Only 5 can play at a time, when people don't eat, they get cranky,just sayin.

Lady Cavs will finish better than third (barring any injuries).  I just think they have White Co's number.  Stone will probably be tough for CHS but I can't see anyone else giving them too much of a problem.  I do have alot of respect for White Co's tradition and home court advantage so they might be able to get the lady cavs once at home.  

Should be a fun year.  This district has been getting better and better the last few seasons imo.

The Warren county team that I saw at camp this year played much differently than last couple years.  They graduated like 14 seniors last year.  Kidding but it was a lot.  They may not have the talent yet but the effort and defense was much better than past years.   Middle school team looks pretty good too so they may have some help coming up.   You will see improvement this year.

12 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

The Warren county team that I saw at camp this year played much differently than last couple years.  They graduated like 14 seniors last year.  Kidding but it was a lot.  They may not have the talent yet but the effort and defense was much better than past years.   Middle school team looks pretty good too so they may have some help coming up.   You will see improvement this year.

I would think in the area like McMinnville with resources there the female athletics should be very good.  I would like to see this new team play this year, what is the schedule looking like for them?

FIrst offical practices are today.   But coming up this weekend are some good games at the Lebanon - MTCS playday. Some of the interesting games (to me) are Cookeville vs Macon County (Lebanon),  Cookeville vs Maryville (Lebanon), White Co vs Riverdale (MTCS),   and Upperman vs Brentwood Academy (MTCS).    Those are some heavy hitters right off the bat.   Anyone else have any games on schedule this week?

32 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

White County lost to Riverdale today by only 9 points. Not bad for being down a starter. Hopefully she can heal up and be ready to play in a few weeks.

Riverdale down a starter as well and another that is still limited in amount of minutes she can play. Hopefully if they should meet again both teams will be full strength.