Barney's list of Hot Seat Candidates for 2019

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have 14 years of “coaching” experience. I know that’s not a lot be a decent amount. In my 14 years my groups have absolutely dominated at what they did. And I say that not to toot my own horn (pun definitely intended there) but to give my kids the credit. I have found in my 14 years that I am not the greatest “coach”. But what makes my kids so successful is that they know I care. I don’t just make it about wins and losses. I invest in them morally and they know that I would do anything for them. Because of that they have complete trust in me and work unbelievable hard for me. They would eat nails for me if I told them it would make them better. I agree with you that I’m todays society it is about wins and losses. And if a coach wants to stick around they better understand that. But in my opinion the truly great coaches invest in the kids to achieve the wins. On the field and off. 

Again, no argument from me.  I'm not downplaying the importance of what you do as a coach from a mentoring and influence standpoint.  Just saying that society and expectations have changed and expect wins over everything else and much of it is about exposure that kids and programs get now.  

8 minutes ago, HTV said:

Again, no argument from me.  I'm not downplaying the importance of what you do as a coach from a mentoring and influence standpoint.  Just saying that society and expectations have changed and expect wins over everything else and much of it is about exposure that kids and programs get now.  

Absolutely correct in what you are saying. Society expects the wins over everything else. But what society doesn’t understand is that it takes the everything else to get the most wins. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Can’t believe no one posted on this and gave this team the recognition they deserve!  AAU team Tennessee went to Iowa and done what no other team had ever done and took down Iowa and the strength by holds in AAU nationals!!! Yes McCallie had a solid group of 8th graders and they showed up but we had an AAU team that wrestled their butt off and we didn’t just place in the top 5 … we won the whole dang thing! Yes the NHSCa’s were happening and that may have hurt but never once had TN ever won the national folkstyle duals national championship!!  It was a team effort and some amazing young kids!!!    We are not a fly over state any more… on a side note : we have any even better team for cadet National's team duals in Utah and have a chance to sweep both duals which would be unprecedented!!! However the funds aren’t there and USA isn’t in th position to help these kids get to utah as was AAU that got us to Iowa! Stay tuned for some oppertunities to help make a statement for Tn!!! 
    • Right cause you know me, you may know my name, what I post on here, what I say on our shows, but you don’t know who I am. And if your class ring doesn’t say Trousdale County high school, quite frankly I don’t care what you say. 
    • I agree but I will say I’m not hiding behind a screen name, I’m easy to find and not hard to miss lol 
    • Dont get your reference, but okay. You calling someone a hypocrite is ironic given your track record. 
    • Not gonna lie, it’s been hard watching my alma mater go through a tough stretch on the grid iron. But this thread is even worse. y’all sound like a bunch of jr high mean girls, popping off, while hiding behind screen names.