Barney's list of Hot Seat Candidates for 2019

Always somebody setting on the Hotseat so let's see who that may be.  Mr. Linginfelter ,Mr. Mozingo and Mr. Brown would be my first choices since those respected schools have won state titles in recent years to be in the situation their in right now. Mr. Mckamey can't afford anymore outburst like the Anderson County game or he'll be on the seat also. Other coaches that may be in the steam room with a broken thermostat are Mr. Sanders, Mr. Bradley and possibly Mr. Christian.  Mr. Hammontree and Mr. Shadowens have no worries about the hot seat because the County Mayor is a retired fireman and had their seats sprayed with a fire retardant material.  Barney wishes all these coaches only the best and hopes none of them get burned.

.vdlgs2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Always somebody setting on the Hotseat so let's see who that may be.  Mr. Linginfelter ,Mr. Mozingo and Mr. Brown would be my first choices since those respected schools have won state titles in recent years to be in the situation their in right now. Mr. Mckamey can't afford anymore outburst like the Anderson County game or he'll be on the seat also. Other coaches that may be in the steam room with a broken thermostat are Mr. Sanders, Mr. Bradley and possibly Mr. Christian.  Mr. Hammontree and Mr. Shadowens have no worries about the hot seat because the County Mayor is a retired fireman and had their seats sprayed with a fire retardant material.  Barney wishes all these coaches only the best and hopes none of them get burned.

.vdlgs2.jpg

Lingo should have been let go a long time ago imo. Not sure what SC is doing/waiting on...

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The director of schools there is a firm believer in the good ol boy system from what Sevier County fans tell me. 

I could easily see that, but if what I heard/read about him is true, it would be hard to keep him around if I was in charge of it. I mean, there’s a good reason he just lost a great talented QB and his dad who was a Asst coach...

Edited by chsbobcat09

8 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I could easily see that, but if what I heard/read about him is true, it would be hard to keep him around if I was in charge of it. I mean, there’s a good reason he just lost a great talented QB and his dad who was a Asst coach...

Back in 2013 I went to see a Sevier County and Maryville freshman game and the Bears only had 20-21 players which was the first year of Northview. I said back then if you were taking enough kids out of a high school to make a new one there would be some major drop off which actually did show up just when I predicted it would. The same thing happened before when PF opened up and it took a few years to finally heal from that wound. My guess is that the director is smart enough to realize that  and hasn't acted. Sometimes there may be circumstances down the road with some schools and could be the reason the previous coach saw and jumped ship before the issue landed in his lap. My biggest concerns for Sevier County is the drop off in fan support.  The kid that left school didn't want to from what friends have told me , it was the dad's doing. A lot of smart coaches don't want a problem dad bringing their kids to them from another school because the problem is now theirs. 

Just from reading that front page article in "The Daily Times"  the Alcoa School Board wants to trade in all of Gary's Gold Balls for more student achievement awards.  No one has ever stopped me on a trip and ask if a certain school done well in their social studies but they sure do like to talk about all those state championships between Alcoa and Maryville.

2dnm9h.jpg

On 6/18/2019 at 4:04 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

.vdlgs2.jpg

Barney you will never mention this guy because he is a former Reb and you all never want to say bad stuff about a brother reb. His player numbers are down. He runs through assistant coaches like crap through a goose. He has a loosing record overall and in the playoffs. The parents are pissed off and the principal that handed him the job is gone. His assistant coaches that are left smell blood and are conspiring with the parents to run him off and give one of them the job. 

8 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Barney you will never mention this guy because he is a former Reb and you all never want to say bad stuff about a brother reb. His player numbers are down. He runs through assistant coaches like crap through a goose. He has a loosing record overall and in the playoffs. The parents are pissed off and the principal that handed him the job is gone. His assistant coaches that are left smell blood and are conspiring with the parents to run him off and give one of them the job. 

Barney cleared it up for me!

Edited by orngnblk

5 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Barney you will never mention this guy because he is a former Reb and you all never want to say bad stuff about a brother reb. His player numbers are down. He runs through assistant coaches like crap through a goose. He has a losing record overall and in the playoffs. The parents are pissed off and the principal that handed him the job is gone. His assistant coaches that are left smell blood and are conspiring with the parents to run him off and give one of them the job. 

If it's who I think your talking about he was 8-3 last year. I really went off of records than personal things that goes on behind the scenes because you really have to be close to a program to hear about that stuff but I have caught some downwind a few times and have wondered. I don't hope anyone of these coaches their jobs because it is a tough job but some don't realize the BS and the degree of it and dive right in head first before thinking about the what if's. When the parents start a pose and your assistants are working hand in hand in a coup attempt the program is doomed no matter who the coach is. Most parents don't realize nice guys finish last.