Rankin ?

17 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

I will make a prediction.  I bet Clayton Bledsoe doesn't get reelected on the Alcoa School Board.  I know the Bledsoe and Marsh name is  big. Alcoa Football is big also. 

I never thought Denny Garner would get beat on the Maryville Board who carried lots of weight regarding our football and sports teams. It's a new world my friend so buckle up for the ride.

4 minutes ago, OleMary said:

Julie Rochelle has let her thoughts be known, and let’s not forget there is a Marsh on the board as well. 

Thats four. How many members are there and where does Mickey Mc stand?

this is just starting to simmer. 

I didn't want to mention names or put in a corner to do so. Yes I am a Maryville fan and I can tell you we all set around like big dogs at the games talking about who we were going to put in and who we weren't and guess what we were wrong. The general public don't give a rats azz about football and that is fixing to be found out the hard way at Alcoa like it did for us at Maryville. Like I said GQ got tired of the BS and got out.

51 minutes ago, OleMary said:

Julie Rochelle has let her thoughts be known, and let’s not forget there is a Marsh on the board as well. 

Thats four. How many members are there and where does Mickey Mc stand?

this is just starting to simmer. 

Ha. Don't talk like you are in the know......and not know Mickey has be retired for a couple of years. Classic! LOL!

Just don't make the ole ball coach mad and he leaves like Randy McKamey did and signed up Alcoa on their schedule for the meanness to get back at GCA fans for running him off. Gary might get mad and sign you all up for 5A and schedule Oakland for a going away present if he is still there two years from now.

Edited by BarneySox2007

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Just don't make the ole ball coach mad and he leaves like Randy McKamey did and signed up Alcoa on their schedule for the meanness to get back at GCA fans for running him off. Gary might get mad and sign you all up for 5A and schedule Oakland for a going away present if he is still there two years from now.

He can’t sign up for 5A. That is silly. You can only elect play up 1 classification and that would put them in 4A. And even if they were in 5A Alcoa would still dominate. 

Sounds to me like Bledsoe and a few others are just butt hurt over the success of the sports programs. I just don't see any reason for alarm over these two student athletes coming into Alcoa. The same thing is happening all over the nation at high schools. Sure, school is for education, but theres no reason you can't get a good education and play sports at the same time. But all the excitement is on the sports side. You can't attract 3,000-8,000 fans to watch a class take a test. These school boards are butt hurt because they see it as taking a back seat to the football team. The way they plan on fixing that is by destroying the sports teams. I believe there is a effort underway to take sports out of high school all together. Liberals hate anything that's fun or exciting.

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

He can’t sign up for 5A. That is silly. You can only elect play up 1 classification and that would put them in 4A. And even if they were in 5A Alcoa would still dominate. 

Not without Gary. You have to remember Gary can walk today if he wanted and if he did the new hires couldn't step on toes like he did because they don't have the time in he has.