Rankin ?

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Hammer a message board is just like text, you see things I'm writing and take it totally wrong. I will tell you now I look forward to football season the same as you and also enjoy all the great stuff you post on FB regarding the young men on the football team. I've heard your personal story why your son is at Alcoa and I totally understand and say I couldn't be happier for him and you. The one thing I'm trying to get through to you and all my other good friends from Alcoa is politics and school boards can cause problems for even the best of programs. I've seen a lot of good programs destroyed that were power houses a long time ago and Alcoa isn't amune. Neither is Maryville when we saw our biggest voice for the sports program unseated in an election a few years ago. Last weeks school board meeting is an example and took a lot of people by surprise especially being long time Alcoa names. That article went in ten different directions and everyone has picked a piece or part of it and went running. The part that stood out to most people was the principal saying Rankin runs the place and the reason for the hiring of a new coach and why which should of never been in print because that may come back and bite.

No worries my friend. I just thought you were having some good natured fun. The whole situation is silly. 

But if I'm not mistaken, the article said the board member said that to Dr. Bell. Some time along with saying things like "he didn't give a rats.." and that Alcoa was getting kids "from canada." 

Simple hyperbole is often used to  evoke an emotion response when a person doesn't have a valid point they can support with objective evidence