Rankin ?

On 6/25/2019 at 7:22 AM, 32hammer said:

No worries my friend. I just thought you were having some good natured fun. The whole situation is silly. 

But if I'm not mistaken, the article said the board member said that to Dr. Bell. Some time along with saying things like "he didn't give a rats.." and that Alcoa was getting kids "from canada." 

Simple hyperbole is often used to  evoke an emotion response when a person doesn't have a valid point they can support with objective evidence

On 6/22/2019 at 4:54 PM, Springbrookrat said:

Your are incorrect in saying that a third member feels the same way. I know everyone on the board and that is not the case. Two members do not like Rankin and of course we know the two. The other members had no ideal this was even going to be brought up. This was a hit job on the coach pure and simple. Your source does not hold water if they say anything different. I'm personally disappointed in Brandy  & Clayton's comments on the two players they were talking about. Brandy has two nephews that are tuition students and one of them plays sports and a niece who just graduated that played softball... HMMMMMM... I'm confused????

On 6/20/2019 at 9:36 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree. Board members made several comments that contradicted themselves. 

On 6/20/2019 at 9:20 AM, 32hammer said:

I thought Dr. Bell handled the meeting and the questions very intelligently, very respectfully, very professionally and his explanations  were very rational and logical. The school board member that was quoted as saying he "disagrees with that" regarding it was ok for good students to transfer in, was later quoted as saying "well who gives a rat's, ..before trailing off" and even admitted that the tuition students help raise academic scores, after he was complaining that they were not putting a priority on academics, did not sound professional, rational or logical in the least.

Several friends of mine that are not from Blount county read the article. Especially with the two board members having the same last name, almost all of them made the comment that this seemed personal not professional and had nothing to do with academic concerns or the best interest of the children.

A logical , inquisitive person can infer pretty quickly what the real issue  is.

Some folks can't handle competition.

Here are some quotes from the thread to help address your queations

2 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Gives us the lung then. Lol

EVERY team that competes at a championship level year in and year out gets kids from other places,no matter if its 1,4,or 6.Its the way it is now.As long as it is done by the rules we have to deal with it--ALL OF US!

On 8/1/2019 at 8:51 AM, CHARGERFAN said:

As a Covington fan, I read this thread with interest. The last couple of years, we gave Alcoa some competition in the 3A championship game, but could not get over the hump to beat them. 

Maybe the OP shows the difference between the Alcoa program and the Covington program. I may be stupid, but I don't believe that Covington is hiring teachers to get their kids on the football team. I have a daughter on the Covington faculty and probably would have heard about that. I don't know of players whose families are moving to Covington to have their sons play sports. As far as I know, our players come from students at our middle schools. In fact, Crestview Middle is the main feeder school for Covington, and some of their players are zoned for Brighton High. 

Is 3A football in the state of Tennessee a level playing field or not? Hmmmm.

Hammer gave you the PC answer.................I see your post as a bunch of sissy whining :rolleyes:

Edited by BCsportsfan

22 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I thought it was because of the Presbyterians???

the presbyterians got the gold ball......it was the Irish that presented it to the presbyterians the week before when them Tinheads and their supporting cast of Gooners made the inagural trek down to Finley stadium....

...Aluminum City had so much removed from their tank by the Irish in that Friday nite squeeker down in Chattanooga.....6 days just wernt enuff tme for that puff of wind to build up enuff energy to do anything by the time they arrived up on that plateau for the big dance ...all Aluminum City had to work with by the time 1500 roled round up on the plateau was the Tinheads beastly Defense....that F5 (downgraded to F2 by the Irish) braintrust had no offense to play with when they line up across from that star studded defense of the presbyterians cause Alcoee had to deliver that pigskin to that stud RB 61 times the week before in Chattanooga in order to squeek out a 28-19 win over the Irish  

.......did Booger mention to BPM the Irish turnt the pigskin 5X in that semi-round contest gainst the Goons boys?.....

......the Irish turnt the pigskin over 5X in that semi-round contest gainst the Goons boys...

Booger just sayin :blink: