Rankin ?

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Hiring a teacher without certification? Heck I’ll leave the lunch room and start teaching this school year and maybe Stars could get hired teaching English :blink:

You are making it sound like he came from Burger King or Something :roflol:.  He has been teaching for 8 years just doesn't have a special education certificate per the article.  This happens a lot when it comes to teacher getting a different certification to teach a different subject and nothing out of the norm all over the state of TN

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Sounds like someone with an axe to grind. Sounds like it wasn't an issue at all until someone made it an issue by opening his mouth. No news here. Surprised it was even in the paper. You cant make everyone happy and some will never be happy.

Then they should look inward. This story says it was the school board members bringing up the issue.

LOD has been telling everyone that's willing to listen that the past predicts the future. Too bad Nissan isn't in Blount County, right LOD?? Might have some kids from Cookeville locked in to coming if that was the case... :popcorneater:

Edited by JSamson7

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

You are making it sound like he came from Burger King or Something :roflol:.  He has been teaching for 8 years just doesn't have a special education certificate per the article.  This happens a lot when it comes to teacher getting a different certification to teach a different subject and nothing out of the norm all over the state of TN

:roflolk:

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Then they should look inward. This story says it was the school board members bringing up the issue.

LOD has been telling everyone that's willing to listen that the past predicts the future. Too bad Nissan isn't in Blount County, right LOD?? Might have some kids from Cookeville locked in to coming if that was the case... :popcorneater:

Well if they are FINALLY questioning his recruiting practices, they will get around to the other things 'IF' they really want to.

BTW how is that EQUIPMENT BUDGET looking since he got there?  Lots of nice NIKE stuff or has Gary changed his allegiances?

When was the Booster accounts audited?

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

100% agree brother. The better question may be what or who would motivate someone to complain about academic and athletic success that is done completely by the rules?

Easy...board members already posturing for Directors Bell position since he is retiring. Plain and simple. Does NOT surprise me in the least that the Maryville daily fish wrap put it front page. Start that whine early hehe!!

• Like 1

Ok so here is the part I don’t understand. The school board in every school district is responsible for setting school policy. A student transfers in according to their policies and they complain saying, “ Rankin is running the system instead of Bell cause he gets in anyone he wants.”   The students get in only if the does so as outlined by the board policy which are the Clayton’s responsibility. Why are they complaining?  

• Like 1

A couple of months ago a friend of mine that is a big time football fan that works at Walmart that hears a lot of stuff told me Rankin is fixing to have his hands full because a lot of parents are getting mad about their kids playing time. I just laughed it off but I still remember him a keep on saying you'll see mark it down the feathers are fixing to fly. Now after reading this I have a good idea who has been pestering the school board members and getting their panties in a wad. Far as the kid from Maryville I sure hate losing him but I also believe in second chances and hope he learns and does well. The situation with the father and son duo was going to show up on the radar and create a storm no matter where they went. Most schools didn't want to touch that situation from what I heard but Gary sure did and here we are.

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Ok so here is the part I don’t understand. The school board in every school district is responsible for setting school policy. A student transfers in according to their policies and they complain saying, “ Rankin is running the system instead of Bell cause he gets in anyone he wants.”   The students get in only if the does so as outlined by the board policy which are the Clayton’s responsibility. Why are they complaining?  

Exactly.