Clarkrange Lady Buffaloes

BigFan1966

12 hours ago, BigFan1966 said:

Was very impressed with what I seen, beating Riverdale by 4, GC by 21 at the glass house, just a name a couple.  Beat several big AAA teams,  playing 9 players, gonna be a very interesting season..

Clarkrange is a very good team. No difference between Greenfield, Loretto and them, IMO. Losing our PG on day 1 of summer was huge. We were undefeated during AAU season and literally you could count TO's on one hand in AAU play. We literally had about 25 TO's in the game against Clarkrange. Not saying we would beat you because your team is really good as they were last year but we have lost several games since she got hurt. Beat some good teams but she is a beast PG. The Monday's are really great players and are some kind of quick and handle the ball well. Really like your team's chances as I did last year. Last years state game against Greenfield was just a bad game, IMO.

2 hours ago, repoman said:

Should make state,big"if "can get on opposite side of bracket from Greenfield and Loretto may possibly make championship game.

Don't think so. I agree it helps to get a good draw as we did last year, but Greenfield and Loretto are not unbeatable. We smoked a team (4A champs in AR) by 22 that just beat Greenfield and Martin 2 weeks ago. Clarkrange is quicker than Loretto, IMO and just as quick as Greenfield. 

22 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Clarkrange is a very good team. No difference between Greenfield, Loretto and them, IMO. Losing our PG on day 1 of summer was huge. We were undefeated during AAU season and literally you could count TO's on one hand in AAU play. We literally had about 25 TO's in the game against Clarkrange. Not saying we would beat you because your team is really good as they were last year but we have lost several games since she got hurt. Beat some good teams but she is a beast PG. The Monday's are really great players and are some kind of quick and handle the ball well. Really like your team's chances as I did last year. Last years state game against Greenfield was just a bad game, IMO.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but who is the PG for GC you keep talking about? I only saw a couple games last year and I don’t remember another kid handling the ball at point besides the Lannom girl. Is she a freshmen? Didn’t get to see any AAU/ travel ball either. Not that spring stuff matters much anyway.  I just found out that Peabody PG that would be starting for them this year, her mother’s job transferred her to Memphis so Peabody has been playing without a true PG this summer. I don’t think the west will be as tough as last yr with the exception of Greenfield. I don’t even think Gleason will be any improved either. Looks like same ol same ol ball from Gleason. They are a year older with several decent seniors but I just haven’t seen much improvement in them the last 3 yrs.  

7 hours ago, BABABA said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but who is the PG for GC you keep talking about? I only saw a couple games last year and I don’t remember another kid handling the ball at point besides the Lannom girl. Is she a freshmen? Didn’t get to see any AAU/ travel ball either. Not that spring stuff matters much anyway.  I just found out that Peabody PG that would be starting for them this year, her mother’s job transferred her to Memphis so Peabody has been playing without a true PG this summer. I don’t think the west will be as tough as last yr with the exception of Greenfield. I don’t even think Gleason will be any improved either. Looks like same ol same ol ball from Gleason. They are a year older with several decent seniors but I just haven’t seen much improvement in them the last 3 yrs.  

Kacey Sweat. Very good PG. Didn't play PG a ton last year with Lannom and Kj. She played 2 and 3 mostly. She had 12 in the state game against Summertown. We have a sophomore that has been playing PG this summer. She is going to be good but has had some growing pains. GC will be strong offensively Inside and Out. We didn't lose an AAU game period with her. GC stays healthy wait until February comes around. Dresden, Peabody, Gleason, Huntingdon will all be good. West TN will be tough again. I have seen them all. Childress is better than ever at Dresden and Fuller is back healthy at Huntingdon. UC won't be a pushover. Our district will be weak with a two team race with us and yow. 

Straight from the TSSAA bylaws:

"50% Rule – Participation (includes practice or games) during the school year on a non-school team prior to the school season by students that will play the following season on the high school team is limited to 50% of the number of players required to play the game. Only the specified number of students participating on a non-school team prior to the school season may be placed on the high school eligibility list (TSSAA Portal Roster) the following season. Those students cannot be interchanged on the school’s team roster."

I believe the key to this is "prior to the school season".  To play or practice with more than 3 players from one high school team in August/September/October would be illegal no matter who is coaching.  

• Like 1