Clarkrange Lady Buffaloes

BigFan1966

11 hours ago, maddams said:

Straight from the TSSAA bylaws:

"50% Rule – Participation (includes practice or games) during the school year on a non-school team prior to the school season by students that will play the following season on the high school team is limited to 50% of the number of players required to play the game. Only the specified number of students participating on a non-school team prior to the school season may be placed on the high school eligibility list (TSSAA Portal Roster) the following season. Those students cannot be interchanged on the school’s team roster."

I believe the key to this is "prior to the school season".  To play or practice with more than 3 players from one high school team in August/September/October would be illegal no matter who is coaching.  

This reply is 100% correct. Loopholes folks. If not high school teams across the state would be in big trouble with eligibility between aau and summer team camps. 

3 hours ago, 99Guy said:

This reply is 100% correct. Loopholes folks. If not high school teams across the state would be in big trouble with eligibility between aau and summer team camps. 

Most of what some are calling AAU is nothing more than HS team playdates and are in no way affiliated with the AAU. AAU members and players are registered and must abide by NCAA certification rules. More than likely if you are on a high school bball team it is not a AAU team.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

Most of what some are calling AAU is nothing more than HS team playdates and are in no way affiliated with the AAU. AAU members and players are registered and must abide by NCAA certification rules. More than likely if you are on a high school bball team it is not a AAU team.

Your exactly right. AAU is really strict on rosters....etc. You have to sign up each player with birth certificates and lots of fees. Lot of folks including myself call it AAU because it is after the season and you do play teams in HS play dates that do play in sanctioned AAU tournaments because they only travel to a handful of true AAU tournaments and are so called All Star teams because lots of kids are playing softball... etc. When I had an AAU team 6 or 7 years ago there was only 1 tournament in Jackson, a couple in Memphis and the rest in Nashville or East TN. Two true AAU that I know in West TN are the Silver Foxes and I think Tennessee Pride (old Flight West) if I am not mistaken.

Edited by pioneer42