Junior National Duals All Tournament Teams

PurpleWrestler

Congrats to our 3 TN boys for going undefeated at the Junior National Duals, and earning their spots on the All Tournament Teams

GRECO
Garrett Bowers (CBHS) 145 6-0
Parker Peterson (Father Ryan) 195 5-0

FREESTYLE
James Howard (McCallie) 285 8-0

Tennessee had a large number of boys come home with winning records, and all of them came home with a ton more experience.

A special thanks to the coaches that spent almost 2 weeks getting these boys ready, and competing. TN is on the rise, and everyone should be proud of these kids. They represented us so well.

• Like 1

Team Freestyle Results

Georgia Black defeated Tennessee 45-23

Tennessee defeated Indiana 46-22

Nebraska Blue defeated Tennessee 52-17

Georgia Black defeated Tennessee 36-32

Pennsylvania defeated Tennessee 54-14

Texas defeated Tennessee 38-29

Tennessee defeated Alaska 40-34

Tennessee defeated North Dakota Blue 36-31

So overall a 3-5 as a team. Note that Indiana had 4 forfeits. I hope we can continue to improve as a state and put together some stronger performances in the future. Our biggest hurdle is still the division that has been caused by our term extending leader Mr. Bowers. That being said we are having a ton of success outside of this competition at the youth and Highschool level.

Edited by NotSurprised

1 hour ago, NotSurprised said:

Team Freestyle Results

Georgia Black defeated Tennessee 45-23

Tennessee defeated Indiana 46-22

Nebraska Blue defeated Tennessee 52-17

Georgia Black defeated Tennessee 36-32

Pennsylvania defeated Tennessee 54-14

Texas defeated Tennessee 38-29

Tennessee defeated Alaska 40-34

Tennessee defeated North Dakota Blue 36-31

So overall a 3-5 as a team. Note that Indiana had 4 forfeits. I hope we can continue to improve as a state and put together some stronger performances in the future. Are biggest hurdle is still the division that has been caused by our term extending leader Mr. Bowers. That being said we are having a ton of success outside of this competition at the youth and Highschool level.

I'd hardly say that 3-5 (and if Indiana had 4 forfeits then we really would've been 2-6) is worth putting the word success anywhere near this post.

Who coached the teams this year? Was it Jeremy Welder for freestyle and Pete Miller for Greco? They're the best two coaches in the state in those disciplines and if they're not the coaches anymore then it's just another thing Bowers has screwed up.

Last year we had a fantastic showing at Jr duals. Finishing top ten in Greco. What happened?

46 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

I'd hardly say that 3-5 (and if Indiana had 4 forfeits then we really would've been 2-6) is worth putting the word success anywhere near this post.

Who coached the teams this year? Was it Jeremy Welder for freestyle and Pete Miller for Greco? They're the best two coaches in the state in those disciplines and if they're not the coaches anymore then it's just another thing Bowers has screwed up.

Last year we had a fantastic showing at Jr duals. Finishing top ten in Greco. What happened?

NICE, ya'll are doing a wonderful job helping "build" up TN wrestling.

16 hours ago, PurpleWrestler said:

NICE, ya'll are doing a wonderful job helping "build" up TN wrestling.

Suggesting that we are capable of better than 3-5 (apparently should've been 2-6) and saying that if the coaching staff was subpar then we need a new director IS making a suggestion to better build TN wrestling. Saying Bowers needs to go is not breaking it down. Its stating something a majority in this state already know and would be a step forward for our state. As opposed to an obvious step backwards.

1 hour ago, Ummmno said:

Suggesting that we are capable of better than 3-5 (apparently should've been 2-6) and saying that if the coaching staff was subpar then we need a new director IS making a suggestion to better build TN wrestling. Saying Bowers needs to go is not breaking it down. Its stating something a majority in this state already know and would be a step forward for our state. As opposed to an obvious step backwards.

Question: what is it that you have done to help build wrestling in the state?

Edited by PurpleWrestler

1 hour ago, PurpleWrestler said:

Question: what is it that you have done to help build wrestling in the state?

More than you know. However, I choose to stay anonymous. I don't have to get on here and tout my credentials. I know what I've done. The simple fact is so long as Bowers is in charge we're going to go backwards. As evidenced by our dismal performance at Jr Duals. We've been saying this for a while now and you come to his aid everytime. You're the only one. Nobody likes Bowers.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

More than you know. However, I choose to stay anonymous. I don't have to get on here and tout my credentials. I know what I've done. The simple fact is so long as Bowers is in charge we're going to go backwards. As evidenced by our dismal performance at Jr Duals. We've been saying this for a while now and you come to his aid everytime. You're the only one. Nobody likes Bowers.

We've gone backwards? Really? We now have FULL teams participating at both Schoolboy nationals and Juniors. We now have more events in TN for FS and Greco, but we've gone backwards?

Edited by PurpleWrestler

2013 - Jr Fs -3-5

Jr Gr - DNC

2014 - Jr Fs - results not listed on flo

Jr Gr- results not listed on flo

2015- Jr Fs - 3-5

Jr Gr- 3-5

2016 - not listed

2017 - Jr Fs- 2-6

Jr Gr - not listed

2018 - Jr Fs- 3-5 (Tn1) 0-7 (Tn2)

Jr Gr - 4-4 (Tn1) 1-7 (Tn2)

2019 - Jr Fs - 3-5

Jr Gr- 4-4

If you're not moving forward you're moving backwards. Please explain again to me how we're progressing and moving forward competitively as a state?

bUt WE hAVe FuLl rOSTerS nOW

Shut up. We've had full rosters the entire time going back to 2013 since I could find results online.

BuT wE hAVe MoRE eVEnTS EaCH yeAR NoW

from 3 events to 4. woooooowwwww.

On a side note, congratulations to former Chattanooga Moc/teammate Bobby Cook on Team Oklahoma's success. Cook has coached Team Oklahoma for a few years now and was a stud transfer from Syracuse back in the late 90's. His arrival (with Bob Hanson and others) started the run for a few of our SoCon Championship teams.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1