Intriguing non-region games in West Tennessee

I pretty much took a quick glanced at everyone's schedule for the 2019 season, and there are some interesting non-region games. Yes, there are some games that you expect (Milan/Peabody and Haywood/Henry County) that really aren't intriguing anymore other than rivalries or the fact they have played almost every year for the past 4-6 seasons. So here's my games that are interesting.

Hardin County @ McNairy Central.  Could McNairy Central take the "next step" in 2019 and can Hardin County finally win their region?

Union City @ Lake County. Lake County fans are excited to play Union City, and they are confident they can beat them. However, will Union City be the Union City we usually know or will they go back to being a .500 team like they were in 2018?

Middleton and South Fulton. One school is less than a mile away from Kentucky, and the other is less than 5 miles away from Mississippi. It's an interesting game based off traveling.

Scotts Hill @ Humboldt. Why Humboldt? If Humboldt just improves week by week in 2019, they have a chance to beat Scotts Hill. This is a game in late October and could potentially determine the growth of the Vikings.

Gibson County @ Westview. It's a matchup that I think is interesting because Gibson County is probably the better team, but Westview's Quarterback will probably be the best player on the field. Also, this is a game in August that fans will tell how good their team is when they leave this game.

If there are anymore, feel free to share. Let's have fun with this!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibson county lost most of their key starters. If McConnell can get westview together they will more than likely beat GC. 

Humboldt has the potential to be one of the best 1a teams in the state but I don’t really think the kids will come out and play. To many coaches quitting  and not enough support or so it seems. 

Union city will put up a fight regardless of talent 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Gibson county lost most of their key starters. If McConnell can get westview together they will more than likely beat GC. 

Humboldt has the potential to be one of the best 1a teams in the state but I don’t really think the kids will come out and play. To many coaches quitting  and not enough support or so it seems. 

I looked at Humboldt's schedule and it is fairly easy, but I have no problem for them having an easy schedule based on the current status of where the Vikings are at. Their first three games is Memphis East, Halls, and West Carroll. They should win 2 of 3 if all goes well. They should win at least two of the four between Lake County, Fulton County, Greenfield, and Gleason. If they beat South Fulton, then they should have the confidence to stay in the game with Scotts Hill. Needless to say, I won't be surprised if Humboldt goes .500 if all goes well. And if they make the playoffs, then that should at least bring somewhat excitement back into the program. 

14 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yes, that was going to be my next game. I think it's more intriguing for South Side because they will be the "underdog" in that game that could potentially win it if their players developed well this offseason. 

I’m not sure who would consider south side the underdog.  You are talking about a 4a team against a 2a team. It will more than likely be a good matchup 

21 hours ago, Tide21 said:

The potential is there just as it was when Humboldt was expected to be a powerhouse every season, but (in my best Bob Dylan voice) the times they are a changin'. Middleton has never been what Humboldt was, but have the same potential and the same problem... they are a basketball school. If either of these two programs get their athletes to play, along with some decent coaching, the western portion of the state would have to take notice. Humboldt (unlike Middleton) has been there as recently as the Bland debacle, and could come back as quickly as they went down the tubes with the kids interest. I feel good about the direction of Scotts Hill's program again, but there's still a lot of work left to be done to regain all the ground we lost with our own little trainwreck. By the time we play the Vikings we should be showing enough progress to take care of business IMO, but that's what makes it an interesting game.

48 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The potential is there just as it was when Humboldt was expected to be a powerhouse every season, but (in my best Bob Dylan voice) the times they are a changin'. Middleton has never been what Humboldt was, but have the same potential and the same problem... they are a basketball school. If either of these two programs get their athletes to play, along with some decent coaching, the western portion of the state would have to take notice. Humboldt (unlike Middleton) has been there as recently as the Bland debacle, and could come back as quickly as they went down the tubes with the kids interest. I feel good about the direction of Scotts Hill's program again, but there's still a lot of work left to be done to regain all the ground we lost with our own little trainwreck. By the time we play the Vikings we should be showing enough progress to take care of business IMO, but that's what makes it an interesting game.

South Gibson hurt humboldt pretty bad. They lost a lot of kids.