District 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

Some good discussions in some of last years threads, but let’s start a new one for 2019. 

Obviously Bradley is the team to beat. Who finishes 2nd? 

East Hamilton has maybe the 2nd highest rated prospects in the area in several years. Do they have the other pieces to lock down 2nd?

I think Cleveland is building a program that coukd be a top 10 AAA team in a couple years, but how long til they are able to knock off Bradley Central? 

1. Bradley or East Hamilton (EH did not graduate a single starter) Hayes has a chance to be a McDonald's All American

3. Cleveland will have a tough time replacing Dasher.

4. Losing Hennessey and Burns will keep them from finishing higher than 4th.

5th-7th is a toss up.  

• 2 months later...
On 6/29/2019 at 2:12 AM, Bearettesalltheway said:

As great a team as meigs is they get to find out how great Bradley is since they are on the schedule this year, I heard through the grapevine that Bradley and Riverdale will be playing in Christmas tournament in Phoenix and that Blackman is doing a home and home with Bradley. Could just be a rumor though.

Those two games will be fun to see, Meigs returns every one. And I think these games could go ether way. Both teams play really fast. Meigs puts a lot of pressure on the ball and they can shoot the light out of it. Bradley will have the size advantage. It will help both teams by playing each other. Meigs also has Oak Ridge on the schedule. Should be a fun year.

• Like 1

East Hamilton has arguably the best player in the state.  They didn't have any SR's and gave Bradley all they wanted last year in every game as long as Hayes wasn't in foul trouble.  If she stays out of foul trouble there will be a new champion in District 5AAA.  I realize it's hard to talk until the games are played because nobody has beaten BC in several years, but I do believe East Hamilton breaks through this season.

• 3 weeks later...

Media Day for Dist 5 AAA was yesterday. Here is the write up in the Cleveland Banner. 
http://clevelandbanner.com/stories/bearettes-raiders-repeat-as-hoop-picks,104254

Says East Hamilton girls received a few first place votes, but Bradley Central still finishes first in preseason media & coaches poll. Hopefully there will be exciting games this year with Bradley, East Ham & Cleveland. 

Sounds like McMinn County lost a lot, so there will be a big drop off after these 3. I still think Cleveland will challenge East Ham for 2nd.

Edited by FootballFan51

Article says Cleveland only returns 1 starter, but I can think of at least 3 returners players that played a bunch last year (not sure how many games they started) so they return a lot more than the article makes it appear, unless there was some other attrition (or injuries) besides graduation. Cleveland has a really good group of Freshman coming in too.
They are no longer rebuilding. They will be a good team this year & could win a game in the Region tourney.

Edited by FootballFan51