District 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

Cleveland hangs on to win at Cookeville by 1 with FT with 2.2 seconds left to take back the lead.   There were two fouls called in last :15 seconds of the game (one on each team).   Both resulted in FT's for each team.  I said earlier that I hoped that Cleveland would be tired and sleepy on that long drive to Cookeville.  But it was Cookeville that was the one that was asleep for the 3QTRS on Saturday night.   These girls need to learn that you can't do what with a good team.  You have to show up every quarter and play.  Props to Cleveland.  Hard fought win.  See you for round two in a month.

1 hour ago, FootballFan51 said:

Stop at Jenkins Deli in Cleveland & get you some chicken salad to go. You will be glad you did! 

I just remembered that Willie’s Deli is a lot closer to WVHS & their Chicken Salad is almost as good as Jenkins...  Pretty good local place to eat if you anyone gets there early enough... 

On 12/11/2019 at 6:01 PM, BasketballVol said:

Cleveland @ Bradley Friday night. I have Bradley by 16. What does everyone else think?

You nailed it. Great ballgame and the better team one. I am shocked that the Cleveland coach is so hot headed and still won “coach of the year”. First time I had seen him on the sideline and it was embarrassing and clear that is attitude has bled to his team. Terrible attitudes and the technical was well deserved it the PG. 

5 hours ago, bleedblackandgold said:

You nailed it. Great ballgame and the better team one. I am shocked that the Cleveland coach is so hot headed and still won “coach of the year”. First time I had seen him on the sideline and it was embarrassing and clear that is attitude has bled to his team. Terrible attitudes and the technical was well deserved it the PG. 

I saw them at cookeville a few weeks ago visiting family I think he did a good job and is good coach 

13 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

I saw them at cookeville a few weeks ago visiting family I think he did a good job and is good coach 

I think you are both right. I think he is a good coach who does a good job (and I think he is a good person), but his courtside behavior is embarrassing, especially in rivalry games.

Edited by FootballFan51

6 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

I think you are both right. I think he is a good coach who does a good job (and I think he is a good person), but his courtside behavior is embarrassing, especially in rivalry games.

I have only seen him coach the one game. But, there is no way I would allow my daughter to play for him. His assistant coach and girls on the team had to talk him calm before he himself was given a technical and his team would argue every foul and had terrible attitudes- the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree- and they are learning bad habits from someone they look up to. How did he win coach of the year?

Edited by bleedblackandgold