District 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

21 minutes ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Bradley doesn't get to the Championship game with Blair's stellar play those 3 days. She was clearly the best Bearette those 3 days in Murfreesboro. This is a pretty big loss. Bradley could still be fine, but we shouldnt downplay Blair's impact.

Agreed.  She’s an impact player and will be missed.  Not just for her skill but her personality as well.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Wait are you talking about Blair??  She transferred????  :shock: If that is who you are talking about Blair was the best player on the court EVERY game of the state tournament.   I watched every second of it.   Anyone that couldn't see that is blind.  I am not a Bradley fan at all but she played the tournament of her life.  That is what kids dream of.  

I really don't think she was the best player on the court, even in the championship game. Was she a major factor? YES, but come on....she is crazy athletic, but I don't think she was even the best player on their team. Anna Walker is good. Blair is a playmaker, and made plays down the stretch to put them in a position for the post to hit that 3.

7 hours ago, twopairsofgloves said:

Sure when they name a different girl the MVP, I will refer to them as the best player. 

MVP by definition makes the team better. 

Anna Walker was named MVP of District 5AAA last year & also MVP of Region 3AAA Tournament (both well deserved). Blair was named MVP of the 3 day State Tournament- also well deserved. 
So they did name a different girl the MVP. 

17 minutes ago, kwea42 said:

I really don't think she was the best player on the court, even in the championship game. Was she a major factor? YES, but come on....she is crazy athletic, but I don't think she was even the best player on their team. Anna Walker is good. Blair is a playmaker, and made plays down the stretch to put them in a position for the post to hit that 3.

Blair deserved State Tourney MVP. It was a team effort, but she was the difference. The thought actually crossed my mind during the game that if Bradley has lost that she still should get the MVP award (or is it technically called Most Outstanding Player? 

Bradley will miss her abilities. Levels the playing field for everyone. I have no clue how she could possibly be immediately eligible. 

I’m sure she won’t play until TSSAA clears her. 

3 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

Blair deserved State Tourney MVP. It was a team effort, but she was the difference. The thought actually crossed my mind during the game that if Bradley has lost that she still should get the MVP award (or is it technically called Most Outstanding Player? 

Bradley will miss her abilities. Levels the playing field for everyone. I have no clue how she could possibly be immediately eligible. 

I’m sure she won’t play until TSSAA clears her. 

I don't think she would have won that award, because she wasn't even the best point guard on the floor, Destinee Wells would have won the award, and would on any day. Spilled milk because Bradley won the game. i think it brings parity in that district, and Bradley has to be feeling the pressure, especially since they are talked about in nearly every discussion board referring to AAA. I hope they got some experience from the younger girls in all of those blowouts.

18 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Looks like it was a very close game that either team could have won. This had to be a shocker for Bradley.

Yes either team could have won the game, but Bradley made a couple more shots in OT, but it was a great game between two really good teams. I promise you Meigs is a top 5 team in 2A and can beat any team in the state on any given night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Yes either team could have won the game, but Bradley made a couple more shots in OT, but it was a great game between two really good teams. I promise you Meigs is a top 5 team in 2A and can beat any team in the state on any given night.

Amazing they played Bradley that close without Kenny. I'm sure Bradley losing the Blair girl affected them too. If there's such a thing as a moral victory in a loss, this game would have to be it for the Lady Tigers taking the Bearettes to overtime. 

2 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Amazing they played Bradley that close without Kenny. I'm sure Bradley losing the Blair girl affected them too. If there's such a thing as a moral victory in a loss, this game would have to be it for the Lady Tigers taking the Bearettes to overtime. 

They struggled after losing Kenny but they are starting to play really good team ball right now, they will be really hard to beat going forward.

34 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Top 5 in AA. Bradley is AAA. Rankings "Schmankings." The game tonight does not mean a thing. Come tourney time, the other AA teams better be ready for Meigs. I must admit, I am a bit surprised, but I ain't exactly an expert, either. Well done.