District 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

13 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Article says Cleveland only returns 1 starter, but I can think of at least 3 returners players that played a bunch last year (not sure how many games they started) so they return a lot more than the article makes it appear, unless there was some other attrition (or injuries) besides graduation. Cleveland has a really good group of Freshman coming in too.
They are no longer rebuilding. They will be a good team this year & could win a game in the Region tourney.

I'm not sure that we lost any starters other than Dasher. The other 4 starters are still there. I was thinking maybe the article meant to say "returns all but one starter " 

18 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Media Day for Dist 5 AAA was yesterday. Here is the write up in the Cleveland Banner. 
http://clevelandbanner.com/stories/bearettes-raiders-repeat-as-hoop-picks,104254

Says East Hamilton girls received a few first place votes, but Bradley Central still finishes first in preseason media & coaches poll. Hopefully there will be exciting games this year with Bradley, East Ham & Cleveland. 

Sounds like McMinn County lost a lot, so there will be a big drop off after these 3. I still think Cleveland will challenge East Ham for 2nd.

Madison hayes signed with a powerhouse and my favorite team Mississippi State so she should continue to make noise. Shell get to go against her arch memesis rhyne howard at least twice next year

Edited by Bearettesalltheway

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 7:11 PM, Dadof2 said:

Those two games will be fun to see, Meigs returns every one. And I think these games could go ether way. Both teams play really fast. Meigs puts a lot of pressure on the ball and they can shoot the light out of it. Bradley will have the size advantage. It will help both teams by playing each other. Meigs also has Oak Ridge on the schedule. Should be a fun year.

I like your optimism. Our (Meigs) girls are really good for our area. Bradley just happens to be really great, not just for the area, but the whole state. I think it’ll help us more than them, they should truly help us prepare for taking the next step and getting to the glasshouse like we should. BUT I’m not expecting much of a game at all between the LTs and bearettes. 

Edited by TigerGoat

On 6/27/2019 at 11:57 PM, FootballFan51 said:

I will say:

1. Bradley Central 

2. Cleveland 

3. East Hamilton 

4. McMinn Co

However, nothing would surprise me if the 2-4 teams finished in any order. 

McMinn had some good players that will be playing in college this year but they couldn't finish any better than 4th in district and district tournament last year, so the only way they'll finish 4th this year is because the 5th-7th teams in the district are terrible. Walker Valley may even finish 4th. 

On 11/2/2019 at 4:12 PM, hohmaster said:

McMinn had some good players that will be playing in college this year but they couldn't finish any better than 4th in district and district tournament last year, so the only way they'll finish 4th this year is because the 5th-7th teams in the district are terrible. Walker Valley may even finish 4th. 

That means there will be a huge gap between 3rd & 4th place teams. 

What non-starters (or smaller role players) from last year will step up and make a difference this season? Bradley has solid 3 starters to replace, so they will need to have 5-6 girls that didn’t start last year to step up & make big contributions. I guess Mayo, Barnes, Williams & Reuter will be among those that have a bigger role. Who else from Bradley? 

Who will be counted on to step up from the other teams in the District that wasn’t a featured player last year? 

Edited by FootballFan51

On 11/4/2019 at 11:08 PM, FootballFan51 said:

What non-starters (or smaller role players) from last year will step up and make a difference this season? Bradley has solid 3 starters to replace, so they will need to have 5-6 girls that didn’t start last year to step up & make big contributions. I guess Mayo, Barnes, Williams & Reuter will be among those that have a bigger role. Who else from Bradley? 

Who will be counted on to step up from the other teams in the District that wasn’t a featured player last year? 

McMinn County will probably depend on Green, Manney, and Baxter to lead them.  

• Upvote 1