Bowers is gone!!!!!! Yipeeeeee!!!!!

fooseball95

It needs to be someone who has a few things.

1. Integrity and character.

2. Someone who wants the job and not someone being pushed into the job.

3. Has time available to do the job at a high level and not a half hearted effort.

4. The individual must have what is best for the kids and growing the sport as there first priority.

• Upvote 1

He will probably kill me for throwing his name in the ring but  the very best man for the job would me Matt Gorham III of Nashville Catholic.  Everything Matt does is first class and his integrity is second to no one.  The problem is Matt will not volunteer for the job someone or a group will have to ask him to take the position.

Edited by cbg

13 hours ago, PUMMELKING said:

Needs to a person that has a young child. That way will be around for a while and wants to see things done to benefit kids.

I am going to disagree and say you do not want someone with kids still wrestling.  That just encourages "DADDY WRESTLING" much like Little League Baseball.  Find someone that loves wrestling, has been the leader of various civic, business and volunteer organizations.  You need someone that gains or has the business communities respect when they walk into a room.  

• Upvote 1

Doug Mays. He’s almost centrally located in the state. Very important when it comes to a chairperson being accessible. Just retired from coaching and said he would like to stay active in the sport. Also very important in that he doesn’t have a program he’s attached to. 

30 minutes ago, SAC said:

Doug Mays. He’s almost centrally located in the state. Very important when it comes to a chairperson being accessible. Just retired from coaching and said he would like to stay active in the sport. Also very important in that he doesn’t have a program he’s attached to. 

Doug is a great person!

25 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

what about no leader? what if everything was set to a vote and there would be nobody to veto the votes and implement their own rules if they want?

No other USA state organization functions in this manner. I think the positions are clearly defined by the USA wrestling governing body. Not sure this is an option.