Bowers is gone!!!!!! Yipeeeeee!!!!!

fooseball95

3 hours ago, JIII said:

No other USA state organization functions in this manner. I think the positions are clearly defined by the USA wrestling governing body. Not sure this is an option.

so because no other state does it we cant? we've seen what one person pushing his own agenda has done to our state. why not give the power to the board as a whole instead of one specific person?

5 hours ago, Ummmno said:

so because no other state does it we cant? we've seen what one person pushing his own agenda has done to our state. why not give the power to the board as a whole instead of one specific person?

I didn’t say we couldn’t I merely stated that is not what is done in other states. I actually like the idea of giving power to the board. It represents every corner of the state and there are some really great people on the board. Now will USA wrestling give its blessing for that type of configuration I don’t know but we can ask for it. 

I’m new to posting but not to wrestling, and not to TN wrestling or what has taken place with TNWF. I am going to put my two cents in regarding the position. There are a few coaches in TN that could do this position., along with a few “retired” ones. I’ve watched programs throughout the state evolve, one being in middle TN. I would strongly recommend Eric Sacharczyk for the position. He has integrity, stands for what is right, has a understanding of the sport, and genuinely cares about wrestling, especially in TN. Looking at what he has done for his son, shows Eric’s dedication to the sport, and to his son. Knowing Eric, he will decline. But we need people like him in positions that will help to lead, not sink, TN wrestling. (His wife may kill me...but she gets wrestling.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the vote of confidence and kind words. I absolutely enjoy the sport. However right now I still just want to coach. In my opinion, this position should be filled by someone who doesn't have to juggle time coaching and overseeing the state organization. The kids deserve it. Maybe one day... good Lord and wife willing. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1