1A Pre Season Allstate Team

TN225

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Freedom Prep is the sleeper in the west. They have the talent but lack in other departments. I'm not sure what all the teams in region 7 return. If I had to pick right now, i would pick LC to win the region. I think Dresden, Greenfield and West Carroll will all battle for 2 through 4. Not sure about Gleason and So. Fulton. Humboldt could be a gold mine but I think they have the same problems as Freedom Prep.

Freedom Prep does have plenty of talent. But do they still have a chance with their QB going to Central?  LC guys have seen them so I'm genuinely asking

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Lake County cannot just go out and replace every position of need like some others. Lol. Did Greenback win the title last year? I sure thought Whitwell did but guess I was wrong. Lake County, Huntingdon, So. Pitt and Greenback are all about even. I honestly didn't think Greenback was all that last year and probably about the same this year. That's not a shot at Greenback but they are not unbeatable even with all the new transfers. Good luck to them. 

Before the season started we were all that and we would have rolled easily!When you lose the best player in 1A to a Virginia team (Gilbert hands down the best player in 1A and won MVP in the State game up there on one leg).Then lose Edwards to an ACL surgery he didnt play till Semifinals and wasn't ready then.Then you lose the best WR in 1A in the Quarterfinals it takes a toll on a team in 1A they all played both ways also and were HUGE special teams players.So i agree we werent all that by the end of the year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Freedom Prep does have plenty of talent. But do they still have a chance with their QB going to Central?  LC guys have seen them so I'm genuinely asking

Seen them 3 times in 2 years...not impressed! Athletes galore...very undisciplined with little coaching! If anyone remembers their coach stayed on here mouthing in the playoffs last year...he vanished after a beat down?

5 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Lake County cannot just go out and replace every position of need like some others. Lol. Did Greenback win the title last year? I sure thought Whitwell did but guess I was wrong. Lake County, Huntingdon, So. Pitt and Greenback are all about even. I honestly didn't think Greenback was all that last year and probably about the same this year. That's not a shot at Greenback but they are not unbeatable even with all the new transfers. Good luck to them. 

I know everyone wants the best for their home team. But if GB’s players last year were healthy, we would have repeated no questions asked. You can downplay it to make it seem like LC was right there with a fully healthy GB team but you weren’t. And if GB stays healthy this year, you won’t be again. If I’m wrong, keep this post in mind and point it out to me later but I don’t think you’ll be doing that. Oh.... and good luck to y’all. Lol. 

3 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

I know everyone wants the best for their home team. But if GB’s players last year were healthy, we would have repeated no questions asked. You can downplay it to make it seem like LC was right there with a fully healthy GB team but you weren’t. And if GB stays healthy this year, you won’t be again. If I’m wrong, keep this post in mind and point it out to me later but I don’t think you’ll be doing that. Oh.... and good luck to y’all. Lol. 

:popcorneater:

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Before the season started we were all that and we would have rolled easily!When you lose the best player in 1A to a Virginia team (Gilbert hands down the best player in 1A and won MVP in the State game up there on one leg).Then lose Edwards to an ACL surgery he didnt play till Semifinals and wasn't ready then.Then you lose the best WR in 1A in the Quarterfinals it takes a toll on a team in 1A they all played both ways also and were HUGE special teams players.So i agree we werent all that by the end of the year.

Probably just bad recruiting karma. 

9 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Pump the brakes. Who's QB?

I thought the coach would start Snyder and some of the Single A games be blowouts and his son get playing time.I'd be willing to bet if this was any other Single A team in the state with Snyder returning ,he'd be the starter.But his Dad is the Coach so that's what it is.I  personally think its a shame for the coach to not let a senior stud,Snyder start at the position hes always played and started ,only to have jr.get the starting nod just so he can maybe get some college looks the next 3 years.Hes a talented young man.Some will say Snyder can play tight end.Maybe full back.His son could do the same thing at other positions.He started on defense last year.I'm sure if its 3rd and 2 ,Snyder will be in at QB....Just my opinion.Others Im sure will have different opinions.

Edited by mrbigster

36 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

I can't remember the last time we weren't decimated by injuries.  Football!

Thats part of the game and an unknown equalizer. That's why it's so hard to predict who's going to do what by the end of the year cuz one or two injuries can change the whole outlook of a season. With our small schools!

14 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

I’m not sure of everyone that returns for LC but I do know that there’s the big QB, Snyder. I also believe there’s the Puckett kid. Not sure if both twins play or not but I know one of them does. After that, I haven’t heard names of any relevance. From watching last year, Johnson was your best player. And now he’s gone. Personally, I don’t think LC has enough to win it all. If I were to pick a winner right now, I would say Huntingdon because of key returning players, athleticism, and I believe the coach should have a better understanding of what not to do when they play in the semifinals. That’s just my 2 cents. I believe LC is definitely the 3rd or 4th best team but I don’t see players that make me believe they can win it all. 

Lake Co has a couple Abbot kids that are studs.And rumour is that one of them would have probably been on all state teams but he was ineligible last year.Heard he may be the best athlete on the team.Then lineman moved from Covington.So we will see.Thats why I ask if Hunt. had their running back coming back or just the qb?They are going to need more than the QB