1A Pre Season Allstate Team

TN225

4 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No. It’s not. Freedom prep has kids that can run that fast and they were getting trounced. And no I don’t “trust you”. I trust the kids to prove themselves. 

Ok you don’t have to trust me. However in 1A football when a kid can fly he’s a VERY good player. Freedom Prep might have gotten trounced, but that doesn’t mean those individual players weren’t really good. Maybe it’s different out west, but in East TN. The  good programs with the fastest players typically advance in 1-2A. 

4 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Ok you don’t have to trust me. However in 1A football when a kid can fly he’s a VERY good player. Freedom Prep might have gotten trounced, but that doesn’t mean those individual players weren’t really good. Maybe it’s different out west, but in East TN. The  good programs with the fastest players typically advance in 1-2A. 

And just because a kid is a good player and can run fast doesn’t mean a team is automatically going to win the title. 

4 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

Daddy ball might cost LC this year. Absolutely no reason snyder shouldn’t be playing QB this year. 2 years of deep playoff experience is rare on a championship caliber team in 1A but go ahead and play your son over him. I don’t know why my fellow LC fans aren’t as upset about this. He can’t use the excuse that he needs snyder on defense because he played both sides of the ball last year and was perfectly fine, and he’s bigger and stronger this year. Daddy ball one of the worst things to happen to sports in my opinion 

I have to agree.His son has talent but Ray Charles could see that hes not as good as Snyder.I figured some would come on here and say,move Snyder to full back or tight end and the soph just needs to manage the team and the team will be stronger.Move Snyder for the overall good of the team.Seems like he'd play his son somewhere else and let him come in for Snyder when maybe a game is well in hand or for a breather.But seems like he's wanting maybe to get his son some early recognition and hopefully college looks.Again,just my opinion and he's the coach.Hypothetical statement:Guess Hunt,fans should be glad he's not coaching them or their stud qb would be playing somewhere else.

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, it’s hard to fathom a two year starter not starting his senior year at QB... unless the coach’s son is an absolute phenom as a sophomore and the other kid plays RB. 

Hes pretty good.Has talent.No question about that.But hes not as good as Snyder who should be better this year,bigger and stronger.I think hes around 6'3 235.

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

And just because a kid is a good player and can run fast doesn’t mean a team is automatically going to win the title. 

Your exactly right!Its just about changing the focus from them to us.They have a great team returning with extras.Easily it Pitts to lose.

4 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

Daddy ball might cost LC this year. Absolutely no reason snyder shouldn’t be playing QB this year. 2 years of deep playoff experience is rare on a championship caliber team in 1A but go ahead and play your son over him. I don’t know why my fellow LC fans aren’t as upset about this. He can’t use the excuse that he needs snyder on defense because he played both sides of the ball last year and was perfectly fine, and he’s bigger and stronger this year. Daddy ball one of the worst things to happen to sports in my opinion 

No need getting upset.I'm sure when Snyder does go in at qb and runs over 3 or 5 people and scores from 50 yards out or throws a 55 yard td pass in the air,the fans will let him know.I've seen Snyder throw the ball in the air at least 60 years in the air.May can throw farther.I'm guessing Jr is good for 40 to 45

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, it’s hard to fathom a two year starter not starting his senior year at QB... unless the coach’s son is an absolute phenom as a sophomore and the other kid plays RB. 

The right thing for him to do,son or not is to start Snyder,a senior who is better.If the coachs son was better than so be it.I don't have a dog in the hunt but I've seen both and so has outsider.Both are talented.Thats not the problem.Fair would be Snyder starting and him put in his son when Snyder needs a breather or game is well in hand.His son would get a lot of playing time.Already had him starting in the defensive back field over some sophomore's and juniors last year.So its not like he isn't starting .Looks to be a done deal so no need to harp over it.Cant wait till the season starts and when Snyder is put in,see the fans reactions

Edited by mrbigster