1A Pre Season Allstate Team

TN225

Not a ton of athletes right now, from what I'm hearing. Another new coach this year so I'm not expecting a ton out of our team. I think we make playoffs in 2nd or 3rd spot, then early playoff exit. Lake County will be class of our district, Humboldt is great unknown. South Fulton, West Carrol and Greenfield will battle for 4th position. Just my two cents. 

12 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

That could always happen, but would definitely be a huge upset this year. 

This should be Huntingdon's best team of the last 3 years. Lots of 3 year starters returning. Good speed, good size and pretty good depth. Pair that with the toughest QB in the state and we should be pretty tough. Only 2 close losses to Cornersville the last 2 seasons and we play the toughest non region schedule in the state each year.

5 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

This should be Huntingdon's best team of the last 3 years. Lots of 3 year starters returning. Good speed, good size and pretty good depth. Pair that with the toughest QB in the state and we should be pretty tough. Only 2 close losses to Cornersville the last 2 seasons and we play the toughest non region schedule in the state each year.

Hard to make that statement the one at the end of your post.you got beat by Cornersville the past 2 years who got beat by the east so I'm not sure your non-region schedule is that tough. If it was it should have made you a better playoff team but this is just my opinion!

13 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I remember back before they got that runner up finish one year they had notoriously been bad so I wasn’t sure. 

Seems like Dresden always has an outstanding middle school quarterback. Dresser Winn's only win over Huntingdon was in middle school. Never beat us in high school. The Lions did not play the Mustangs Dressers senior and championship year.

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Hard to make that statement the one at the end of your post.you got beat by Cornersville the past 2 years who got beat by the east so I'm not sure your non-region schedule is that tough. If it was it should have made you a better playoff team but this is just my opinion!

Non-region schedule of Milan, Waverly, Camden and Mckenzie is pretty tough. Cornersville's best team 2 years had to play with an injured QB.

36 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Yes, I know they will be a force. I thought Huntingdon would be in Cookeville the past two years, but missed on my pick. It won’t surprise me at all if they are there this year though. 

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I remember back before they got that runner up finish one year they had notoriously been bad so I wasn’t sure. 

Think we won 1 game in four years before they hired a certain unnamed coach (o coordinator) which turned the program around. I'm not naming him because I get accused of having a love affair with the guy. lol Hoping our new coach will stick around and bring some stability back to the program. We should be decent but I doubt we go deep in playoffs. Maybe second or third round which I would consider a success.