2019 Rockvale Rockets Inaugural Season

CoachT

13 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Surprised that Rockvale had that many fans at a scrimmage.  Good work put in until the lightning delay.  Never really got to see too much of the younger guys.  The Rockvale QB has a lot of potential and will be one to keep an eye on.  Those younger guys are gonna have to step it up to keep up with the Rutherford Co schools.  I could see maybe a couple of wins this first year.  

thanks for having us Wave! So many of us came because as parents we don't know what we have at this point and have been chomping at the bit to find out. Like what we see but we know its a work in progress. We definitely needed the work more than you guys and a shortened scrimmage really hurts as we have yet to establish our identity. Lot of Sophs out there learning hard lessons. They need every snap possible before we start this season.

They are young and youth brings inexperience. Inexperience brings inconsistency. They have to work hard to develop and grow in order to consistently compete. It'll happen after hard lessons learned. We just might beat someone we shouldn't and lose to someone we shouldn't. But I expect a long year. Building for tomorrow.

The Wave looked good. You can tell you guys are well coached and disciplined. Good to see. Good speed and D flies around to the ball. Good luck this year.

53 minutes ago, SamMojo said:

thanks for having us Wave! So many of us came because as parents we don't know what we have at this point and have been chomping at the bit to find out. Like what we see but we know its a work in progress. We definitely needed the work more than you guys and a shortened scrimmage really hurts as we have yet to establish our identity. Lot of Sophs out there learning hard lessons. They need every snap possible before we start this season.

They are young and youth brings inexperience. Inexperience brings inconsistency. They have to work hard to develop and grow in order to consistently compete. It'll happen after hard lessons learned. We just might beat someone we shouldn't and lose to someone we shouldn't. But I expect a long year. Building for tomorrow.

The Wave looked good. You can tell you guys are well coached and disciplined. Good to see. Good speed and D flies around to the ball. Good luck this year.

Good luck to y’all too.  It will be a learning curve for sure especially in your region.  Rice is a good coach though and it looks like the boys have plenty of support at this early time in the schools history.  If we get to scrimmage next year it will be more competitive I am sure.  Wish they could have gotten more work in but I did not see any injuries so that is a good thing!! Again best of luck to the Rockets.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

How did the Green guys look

Still need to work on the passing game.  Running game looked good with Briggs scoring 3 times.  There were a lot of small things to work on but we looked very decent at this time of the year.  Defense gave up two quick first downs and then really set in.  Only negative was not getting a lot of reps for the younger guys to get those backups much needed time to find were they need to be in the order of things.  They started subbing on both sides of the line after the 3rd or 4th score but still needed more time before the lightning started.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2019 at 4:17 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

I figure they will smoke LaVergne because Rice has a reputation for running a disciplined program.  LaVergne has a reputation of being an undisciplined ZOO!

Not having seen any of the other teams they will play, I will go out on a limb and say at least a 5-5 season, with a chance of being 7-3.

I seen Lebanon play LaVergne the last two years and yeah I sat on the LaVergne side and was shocked. Players arguing on the sidelines, fans and parents yelling at players and coaches and players taking plays off and giving up on plays on the field. They had the ball in the red zone and I seen a kid make a pitch that was dropped and just throw his hands up and start walking off the field while the live ball just bounced around on the field and eventually get recovered by the other team. In a game they lost by 5.

10 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

I seen Lebanon play LaVergne the last two years and yeah I sat on the LaVergne side and was shocked. Players arguing on the sidelines, fans and parents yelling at players and coaches and players taking plays off and giving up on plays on the field. They had the ball in the red zone and I seen a kid make a pitch that was dropped and just throw his hands up and start walking off the field while the live ball just bounced around on the field and eventually get recovered by the other team. In a game they lost by 5.

I would like to say I'm surprised but I'm not. Easily the worst run football  program in RuCo , maybe in all sports. Keeping Stanton Stevens around this long sends a clear message that LaVergne cares nothing about putting a product on the field that the community can be proud of

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2019 at 6:44 AM, GWAVE1 said:

How are they doing the enrollment at Rockvale?  Do you have to go if your a senior/junior or is it an option to leave your former school?  I remember playing Stewart’s Creek early in their first couple of seasons and they had a ton of underclassmen and very very few seniors.  That in itself could be an indication of how well Rockvale will do early on.  I think Gallatin will be their first true scrimmage of the fall.  

Wouldn't it have been nice for Stewarts Creeks first game to have NOT been at Ravenwood?  New schools should schedule the lower level metro school for their out of region games at first and not do some of the crazy scheduling Stewie did.  Indy, Brentwood, Blackman, and now Mt Juliet.

11 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Wouldn't it have been nice for Stewarts Creeks first game to have NOT been at Ravenwood?  New schools should schedule the lower level metro school for their out of region games at first and not do some of the crazy scheduling Stewie did.  Indy, Brentwood, Blackman, and now Mt Juliet.

I remember playing Stewart’s Creek early on in their history.   Had a lead at halftime that first meeting until it fell apart.  So many changes in RuCo over the past few years.  

On 8/4/2019 at 1:10 PM, nrgrizzlies said:

It's all about the money grizz

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 8:27 AM, cbg said:

Coach Rice is a great guy but is finishing in the Top 4 of your region (is that not what it takes to qualify for the playoffs?) really having a good season?  Just asking because I remember when you had to win your district to advance to the playoffs.

When you are building a team from scratch in 6A in a region that includes Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman and Cookeville yeah that is a darn good season.

But it isn't gonna happen. They might win a couple games.

8 hours ago, rebelboy121 said:

How did Rockvale do in the jamboree at Forrest.

I read earlier that it was 20-7 Forrest when the starters came out.

On 8/4/2019 at 11:37 AM, MidTennFootball said:

I would like to say I'm surprised but I'm not. Easily the worst run football  program in RuCo , maybe in all sports. Keeping Stanton Stevens around this long sends a clear message that LaVergne cares nothing about putting a product on the field that the community can be proud of

Nothing changes at LaVergne util Dirk Ash is gone from the principal office.  Worst administrator in RuCo.

• 2 weeks later...

My first post on here in YEARS but that was a great game, love the Rockvale coach, he is a riverboat gambler and plays a fun, exciting style. Not good that they lost 47-58 but they played so hard and so good, they have much to be proud of. Some exciting nights coming for Rocket Nation in the next few years, Awesome sunsets too!