2A Preseason All-State Team

It looked like Union City returns alot this year from the capsule posted in another thread. Fairley returns alot also both teams will be hard outs. Trousdale only having one selection on all state talent surprises me considering Bass said this would be one of the greatest collection of talents that Trousdale has ever had. Meigs players are a force that are mentioned here I absolutely agree on the fact they were selected. Peabody comes in first with 4 selections, impressive. So top 4 teams Peabody with 4, Meigs with 3, Tyner 2, and Trousdale 1. Is it football season yet?

Watertown has 2 selections but only returns 8 total players from memory of the 2A capsule. Will they be a threat? Union City returns 16 players if i recall the capsule correctly, they have 1 all state selection.

Edited by Imthayeti

33 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It looked like Union City returns alot this year from the capsule posted in another thread. Fairley returns alot also both teams will be hard outs. Trousdale only having one selection on all state talent surprises me considering Bass said this would be one of the greatest collection of talents that Trousdale has ever had. Meigs players are a force that are mentioned here I absolutely agree on the fact they were selected. Peabody comes in first with 4 selections, impressive. So top 4 teams Peabody with 4, Meigs with 3, Tyner 2, and Trousdale 1. Is it football season yet?

Watertown has 2 selections but only returns 8 total players from memory of the 2A capsule. Will they be a threat? Union City returns 16 players if i recall the capsule correctly, they have 1 all state selection.

You put too much stock in what Bass says....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You put too much stock in what Bass says....

It's about the only insight I have on them besides what they say which is offensively be better and defense will take a hit somewhat and they get a good rb back. That's what their faithful have said from memory

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

It's about the only insight I have on them besides what they say which is offensively be better and defense will take a hit somewhat and they get a good rb back. That's what their faithful have said from memory

Last year I was told union city had quite a few injuries from a Union City person. I don’t think they are playing a out of state game this year and Ive heard they are down this year.  Key word being heard.  Who knows though. I am pretty sure the big full back they had graduated. It didn’t seem like they had much more than him last year.  The first game they tried the typical run up the middle it didn’t work the second game they tried running him outside that didn’t work either.  If they didn’t have anyone transfer in then I don’t think they will be the typical union city.  I don’t think they will be an easy win though 

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

They didn’t win the borderline games regular season without baines and he graduated so I’m curious as to why they think they will be better. 

5 minutes ago, Sportsman2 said:

It is Trousdales to lose this year again..... Cameron rankins doesn’t get hurt and plays in state last year TC would of won by 2 scores easy. Rankins is all state Claiborne is all state, among others. 

We had players injured too.  Were they injured against water town or whitwell ? 

Edited by Tide21

15 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

We had players injured too.  Were they injured against water town or whitwell ? 

Lol no y’all didnt. Also this isn’t a woulda coulda shoulda deal. I’m just saying it’s ours to lose. And we will have a minimum of 3 maybe 5 all state players at the end of the season. (You heard it here first.)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sportsman2 said:

It is Trousdales to lose this year again..... Cameron rankins doesn’t get hurt and plays in state last year TC would of won by 2 scores easy. Rankins is all state Claiborne is all state, among others. 

25 minutes ago, Sportsman2 said:

Lol no y’all didnt. Also this isn’t a woulda coulda shoulda deal. I’m just saying it’s ours to lose. And we will have a minimum of 3 maybe 5 all state players at the end of the season. (You heard it here first.)

May be the case but you’re way out there on this opinion. Especially saying Peabody didn’t have any injuries... I can promise you they were missing starters in the championship game as well. I’m just wondering how it’s Trousdale’s to lose this year after they were pretty well kept in check by Peabody & Peabody returns every single one of their skill position players? Its Peabody’s to lose this year. It’s like you’re not even giving Peabody any credit as being the defending champs. & just a little side note, you said it’s Trousdale’s to lose “again”. As I recall, Union City & Waverly were the heavy favorites last year. I remember Trousdale as being picked to finished somewhat high but not championship worthy. 

52 minutes ago, Sportsman2 said:

I promise you we did. The starting center was out. Did you notice the bad snaps ?  Along with another lineman. Our starting safety’s arm was broken in first half of championship game. Along with a couple more starters that were out.  You didn’t answer my question. Were the 2 players you speak of  playing against Watertown or whitwell ?