Sunny More Pre seesun rankins

STARSNBARS

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:02 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

SS...there has been a lot of noise around Powell this offseason. I don't get it. To all, what am I missing about Powell? I respect the people saying Powell will be special this season. One last thing, why should I be worried that Oak Ridge will go down against the Panthers? Thanks all. RWR!

Powell is the best team money can buy! They make private school recruiting look tame! They will be more than a handful for everyone they play. They should win the state championship unless they're derailed by the TSSAA

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/9/2019 at 7:43 PM, Southtowner said:

Sonny needs to work on his pole a wee bit more.  He still has private schools in the public division.  

Also there are some schools that had a 20% decrease in enrollment and those schools that moved down are not in their proper class.   Memphis East and Trezevant are 2 of those I noticed. 

Aren't private schools given a different letter/number designation to differentiate between the public schools. A3 is division II 3A, A2 is DII 2A etc. DI is 6A, 5A etc.

On 7/13/2019 at 1:17 PM, Swipes said:

Willie Powell returns a lot of starts off of last year team that would have finished the regular season 8-2 if the whole having to forfeit 6 games because of playing an ineligible player (Who is eligible this year and only a JR).  They have one of the toughest schedules around (Greeneville, Anderson Co., Fulton to start the season and West, Oak Ridge, and South-Doyle to end it)  so we will find out real quick how good they are. 

Why should that player be eligible. If he is eligible, then Lowe should be ineligible.

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Aren't private schools given a different letter/number designation to differentiate between the public schools. A3 is division II 3A, A2 is DII 2A etc. DI is 6A, 5A etc.

Yes.

Sonny has now updated to reflect all the changes on the movement of the schools that went up or down in classification and those that went DII.

4 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Why should that player be eligible. If he is eligible, then Lowe should be ineligible.

Why don't you call Powell and ask? Maybe he got a transfer approved because he already had it approved from Knox Co but Powell submitted the transfer form saying he had made a bona fide change of residence, though the family did not move to the Powell zone.  This is coming from an article on 5starpreps who is in the know for Knoxville area sports.  Said he is up to 185-190lb now too. 

https://www.5starpreps.com/articles/spring-wrap-up-powell-football-over-2018-and-eyeing-big-2019/

Edited by Swipes

On 7/15/2019 at 7:28 PM, Swipes said:

Why don't you call Powell and ask? Maybe he got a transfer approved because he already had it approved from Knox Co but Powell submitted the transfer form saying he had made a bona fide change of residence, though the family did not move to the Powell zone.  This is coming from an article on 5starpreps who is in the know for Knoxville area sports.  Said he is up to 185-190lb now too. 

https://www.5starpreps.com/articles/spring-wrap-up-powell-football-over-2018-and-eyeing-big-2019/

Well l thought you said he should have been eligible because of his situation was like the player at RB? Now you say he was eligible because of granted transfer by Knox County but T$$AA said it was not a bonified change of address into the POWELL ZONE.     CL must have some compromising info on T$$AA leadership or Knox County is cooking the books for CL. Which ever way you want to call it you call it. Powell might have the best players, but they won't win it all. CL was loaded with players  in the past and could not win it then either. I guess you can have the  best players but still have bad luck. How ever you want to call it

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Well l thought you said he should have been eligible because of his situation was like the player at RB? Now you say he was eligible because of granted transfer by Knox County but T$$AA said it was not a bonified change of address into the POWELL ZONE.     CL must have some compromising info on T$$AA leadership or Knox County is cooking the books for CL. Which ever way you want to call it you call it. Powell might have the best players, but they won't win it all. CL was loaded with players  in the past and could not win it then either. I guess you can have the  best players but still have bad luck. How ever you want to call it

Maybe you need to learn to read a little better.  I never said he should have been eligible  because his situation wasn't the same as the RB Linebacker since he didn't transfer the first year and stayed at West.  Here is exactly what i stated "Dad is the DC for Red Bank.  If a parent is employed by the School the kid can transfer there and not have to sit out as long as he transfers the first year the parent is employed at the school.  If he doesn't transfer that first year then he becomes ineligible at that school (It's exactly why Powell had to forfeit games last year and missed the Play-Offs).  If the LB at RB didn't transfer that first year from Cleveland to RB when his father took the DC Job he would have been ruled ineligible since he didn't change addresses. The LB at RB did it the correct way the RB at Powell did it the wrong way by  finishing the year at West and not transferring as soon as the parent took the job at Powell  . I was told they lived in Karns but one of the parents had a job working at Powell.  Since he finished the year at West the only two options would have been stay at West or Play at Karns in the zone the parents lived in since he didn't change schools that first year his parent worked at Powell. This why he was ruled ineligible and Powell said he had a bonafide change of address which would have been the only way he could have played last season at Powell which as we know caused them to forfeit those games. 

I never once said he is Eligible because of that reason I said key word "Maybe" since he already had a transfer to attend Powell since he lived in the Karns zone (How else do you think he went to school at Powell without a transfer filled out with Knox Co).  Knox Co giving a transfer to attend another school has nothing to do with how the TSSAA runs their rules.  If he sit's out a whole year why wouldn't he be Eligible if that's the School he attending now?  If you want to know how he is Eligible once again I tell you to give Powell a call.

Edited by Swipes

9 hours ago, Swipes said:

Maybe you need to learn to read a little better.  I never said he should have been eligible  because his situation wasn't the same as the RB Linebacker since he didn't transfer the first year and stayed at West.  Here is exactly what i stated "Dad is the DC for Red Bank.  If a parent is employed by the School the kid can transfer there and not have to sit out as long as he transfers the first year the parent is employed at the school.  If he doesn't transfer that first year then he becomes ineligible at that school (It's exactly why Powell had to forfeit games last year and missed the Play-Offs).  If the LB at RB didn't transfer that first year from Cleveland to RB when his father took the DC Job he would have been ruled ineligible since he didn't change addresses. The LB at RB did it the correct way the RB at Powell did it the wrong way by  finishing the year at West and not transferring as soon as the parent took the job at Powell  . I was told they lived in Karns but one of the parents had a job working at Powell.  Since he finished the year at West the only two options would have been stay at West or Play at Karns in the zone the parents lived in since he didn't change schools that first year his parent worked at Powell. This why he was ruled ineligible and Powell said he had a bonafide change of address which would have been the only way he could have played last season at Powell which as we know caused them to forfeit those games. 

I never once said he is Eligible because of that reason I said key word "Maybe" since he already had a transfer to attend Powell since he lived in the Karns zone (How else do you think he went to school at Powell without a transfer filled out with Knox Co).  Knox Co giving a transfer to attend another school has nothing to do with how the TSSAA runs their rules.  If he sit's out a whole year why wouldn't he be Eligible if that's the School he attending now?  If you want to know how he is Eligible once again I tell you to give Powell a call.

great post.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:12 PM, Swipes said:

So your statement is that the player was declared ineligible because he did not transfer to Powell, where his parent was hired as a certified teacher at the prescribed time as stated in the T$$AA handbook to be an eligible transfer student