East Tennessee Football

bisonpride1

3 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

That's a fair breakdown. The Blackman game is a long road trip, on a Saturday, against a huge school with lots of talent.  I've heard with the other schools that may come for the Saturday game, they may expect between 8K and 10K  people in attendance. Its these type of games you live for, so I'm glad its on the schedule.

Alcoa needs to go into Maryville game healthy. I think the Maryville/Alcoa game, as so often in the recent past, comes down to one key play.

Win or lose to Blackman I feel like that may earn Alcoa some respect going there to play that game. 

3 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

Central seems to struggle early on offense every year of late but would look for them to be very tough on defense and score enough to get through.  I look for Powell to be the team to beat this year in 5A. Powell vs Greeneville in the first Thursday Night Rivalry game should be a great game.  I'm a closet South Doyle fan so I hope they do well and believe they have the talent to make a run at it.

In 4A you have to believe it will be Greeneville and Anderson Co again.

It goes without saying that Alcoa will again be unstoppable after returning most of their starters from last year.  Austin East should be good but they're in the wrong region along with Gatlinburg who should be a solid team.

Greenback is looking pretty good again with a solid senior class.  Coalfield will challenge them again this year for the region title and Oliver Springs will be competitive along with Harriman. 

Maryville will be the team to beat in 6A if they can get past William Blount.

Just hope we don't go there looking forward and them boys start smelling those grilled hamburgers WB is famous for and get lazy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Corbin prevailed on the scoreboard in that one. 

0a1419512cdddd1cd9871d9521e1bc08.jpg

22 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Alcoa loafed all during that game which let the dogs hang around and pull that one off.  I know the refs may have helped a tad bit in that one but you put yourself in that position when you had the chance all game long to knock them out and you failed to do so.

I think Corbin had 60 yrds of total offense but they got over 100 yrds in penalties . Not to mention the plays Alcoa had called back due to penalties.

That call of " hitting a defenseless player" that was running with ball and pitched it a split second before he was tackled...whew.  I'm usually a sweet, happy go lucky fella, but that call caused a very volatile reaction. I've seen a lot of football, but I can't ever remember a game, especially HS, that was so Pro Wrasslin fixed from beginning to end.

Corbin was scared to play us in Tn, they wouldn't travel.

But kids need to learn that life isn't fair and whats important is how you respond when its not fair. 

Our  kids  responded like champs they are by the end of the season.  Corbin did not win state, guess KY wouldn't let their former principal ref the title game like he did the Alcoa game.

Yes, I vaguely remember the game. LOL

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Win or lose to Blackman I feel like that may earn Alcoa some respect going there to play that game. 

Yes sir, at least in the middle part of the state. I think Alcoa is fairly well respected in ET. Our non region schedule includes 6A Blackman, Maryville and DB.  I'm just curious if anyone in any classification has a tougher non region schedule especially considering we are a 3A public school.

38 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Mt. Juliet might be the team this year. How is a 6'5" QB gonna tuck under center in the "it's really not a Wing-T, that's just our base set" offense?

MJ is kind of like Pearl Cohn, despite the hype, I won't believe it til they win it. Its Oakland and Maryville again in 6A and Oakland has to travel this year in the playoffs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 32hammer said:

MJ is kind of like Pearl Cohn, despite the hype, I won't believe it til they win it. Its Oakland and Maryville again in 6A and Oakland has to travel this year in the playoffs.

I agree, I'm just being the Anti-Barn. MJ did win a two hand touch tournament this week that Oakland was in. 

Edited by Red Rebels
Clarification: PC put Oakland out not MJ.

19 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I thought it was Alcoa loses to Maryville and Dobyns-Bennett

Them Eastman fumes are going to your head again blazer if you think DB is beating Alcoa :lol:.  Alcoa is better this year than 2 years ago when DB had a chance.  DB has a lot of question marks with everything they lost last year

22 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Them Eastman fumes are going to your head again blazer if you think DB is beating Alcoa :lol:.  Alcoa is better this year than 2 years ago when DB had a chance.  DB has a lot of question marks with everything they lost last year

Don't be too sure, DB is ranked #13 in 6A preseason.   The Tribe may have a few surprises for everyone

5 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Don't be too sure, DB is ranked #13 in 6A preseason.   The Tribe may have a few surprises for everyone

They certainly made a surprise hire as the AD. None of my Tri Cities contacts saw that hire coming.