East Tennessee Football

bisonpride1

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Yes sir, at least in the middle part of the state. I think Alcoa is fairly well respected in ET. Our non region schedule includes 6A Blackman, Maryville and DB.  I'm just curious if anyone in any classification has a tougher non region schedule especially considering we are a 3A public school.

Anyone that doesn't respect Alcoa is just being petty. They're probably going to beat Blackman

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Mt. Juliet might be the team this year. How is a 6'5" QB gonna tuck under center in the "it's really not a Wing-T, that's just our base set" offense?

The same way Oakland does every year, adapting the offense to their personnel and not the other way around. Oakland threw for close to 3,000 yards in 2016 when they had a QB that could sling it

4 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Mt. Juliet might be the team this year. How is a 6'5" QB gonna tuck under center in the "it's really not a Wing-T, that's just our base set" offense?

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

The same way Oakland does every year, adapting the offense to their personnel and not the other way around. Oakland threw for close to 3,000 yards in 2016 when they had a QB that could sling it

I should have used my sarcasm font, to save you a post. I thought the quotation marks would define it as such, but alas I was wrong. Maybe an emoji would have sufficed to serve the same purpose? :rolleyes:

Edited by Red Rebels

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Don't be too sure, DB is ranked #13 in 6A preseason.   The Tribe may have a few surprises for everyone

By Sonny Moore who also had Catholic still in 5a instead of the private classification. (I don't trust polls that don't do research).  He also has my Greene Devils at #4 in the entire state.  I'm not one of those fans that wears Greene Colored glasses and think we are the #4 team in the entire state after losing what we did.  Are we the best team in NE TN? I would say so.  Are we still probably the best team in 4a?  I would say Yes to that too but I don't think we are #4 team in the entire State.  You don't lose 27 Seniors, an Army, VA, Wake Forest, ETSU, and UVA- Wise signees and over  6,400 yards and 92 TD's and be #4 in the state this early on

23 minutes ago, Swipes said:

By Sonny Moore who also had Catholic still in 5a instead of the private classification. (I don't trust polls that don't do research).  He also has my Greene Devils at #4 in the entire state.  I'm not one of those fans that wears Greene Colored glasses and think we are the #4 team in the entire state after losing what we did.  Are we the best team in NE TN? I would say so.  Are we still probably the best team in 4a?  I would say Yes to that too but I don't think we are #4 team in the entire State.  You don't lose 27 Seniors, an Army, VA, Wake Forest, ETSU, and UVA- Wise signees and over  6,400 yards and 92 TD's and be #4 in the state this early on

I don't know man, Greeneville just seems to have a way of.....  GHS is a football factory, so #4 in the state would definitely get my vote.     We host you guys in game 2 and I sincerely hope that you are still working out the kinks under the new head coach and the score is not too lopsided...  The last couple of meetings have been UGLY (2014 Greeneville 42  Boone 7, 2013 Greeneville 61   Boone 7).      It is so hard to know what anybody has until that first game, but based on today's insight I am going with Greeneville 38     Boone 7......   that's the halftime score......

41 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I should have used my sarcasm font, to save you a post. I thought the quotation marks would define it as such, but alas I was wrong. Maybe an emoji would have sufficed to serve the same purpose? :rolleyes:

I understood that it was probably a veiled attempt at sarcasm, but there are folks out there (Not Maryville folk, least not those on CoachT) that think just because Oakland runs Wing-T that somehow means they'll run the ball 50-60 times a game. So wasn't trying to nitpick at your post, just at those that think because Oakland runs the Wing-T that they're a 1 trick pony on offense

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I don't know man, Greeneville just seems to have a way of.....  GHS is a football factory, so #4 in the state would definitely get my vote.     We host you guys in game 2 and I sincerely hope that you are still working out the kinks under the new head coach and the score is not too lopsided...  The last couple of meetings have been UGLY (2014 Greeneville 42  Boone 7, 2013 Greeneville 61   Boone 7).      It is so hard to know what anybody has until that first game, but based on today's insight I am going with Greeneville 38     Boone 7......   that's the halftime score......

Greeneville definitely has the right Culture going for it. (a lot of hard work and training has gone into that).  We will find out real early how good we will be with opening up with Powell who returns a lot from last years team and should compete for the 5a championship.  I'm not saying our cupboard is bare by any means but we have a lot of unknowns at DE, QB, 2 WR slots, and on the OL.  I see Boone riding Cole against Greeneville and he will be seeing a lot of Youngblood (Furman signee) and Albright (UT signee) who moved to MLB from his Safety Position this year.  A lot of young talent for the Devils but its different when the Friday Night lights come on for the first time and you're out there starting 

Edited by Swipes

The big question I have on Powell is their offensive line. I think defensively and their offensive weapons are going to be great but that o line is mostly brand new. This year, with the strength of schedule they have, that o line will need to grow up fast and learn how to play together. That is my same argument against Central too. Their defense and offensive weapons will be just as good as last year, especially their linebackers, but that o line is small with the center being the only returning player. South Doyle has weapons everywhere and did not lose anyone from the offensive line. That is why I think they could come out over Central for the region this year, but that final game against Powell is going to be a great game. Surprised it will not be on Thursday Night Rivals this year!

4 hours ago, GBKEES said:

Central seems to struggle early on offense every year of late but would look for them to be very tough on defense and score enough to get through.  I look for Powell to be the team to beat this year in 5A. Powell vs Greeneville in the first Thursday Night Rivalry game should be a great game.  I'm a closet South Doyle fan so I hope they do well and believe they have the talent to make a run at it.

In 4A you have to believe it will be Greeneville and Anderson Co again.

It goes without saying that Alcoa will again be unstoppable after returning most of their starters from last year.  Austin East should be good but they're in the wrong region along with Gatlinburg who should be a solid team.

Greenback is looking pretty good again with a solid senior class.  Coalfield will challenge them again this year for the region title and Oliver Springs will be competitive along with Harriman. 

Maryville will be the team to beat in 6A if they can get past William Blount.

I love this synopsis!Last sentence is classic material!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

Them Eastman fumes are going to your head again blazer if you think DB is beating Alcoa :lol:.  Alcoa is better this year than 2 years ago when DB had a chance.  DB has a lot of question marks with everything they lost last year

I could round up enough boys walking the halls at DB to beat the team their going to put on the field. And that's with me coaching them. I think the starting QB weighs 145lbs.