Offishull Mairvul goes two Allin-Wick thread

STARSNBARS

3 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

You responded to her snotty comment about WB's claim to fame being jamboree victories earlier in this thread and gave your two cents as well. It's pretty pathetic that a group of adults think they are Christians and have the moral highground when all they do is badmouth a football program, spread negative rumors and make sarcastic comments. WB's players and coaches work hard too.  Do they not deserve to feel good in victory even if it is a jamboree? Grow up. I've never seen a more immature group of adults in my life. This forum is proof that wisdom is not guaranteed to come with age.

Go Govs! 

Edited by rebelwoman87

On 8/17/2019 at 5:51 PM, 32hammer said:

1st - WB kids played their hearts out last night. The game mattered to them and it showed. That's why I gripe about the schools not playing. During the game a wb asst coach actually said very loud that Rankin was scared to lose to WB. I started to ask him if WB would schedule a real game next yr but would not have been appropriate and I didn't want to take anything away from the kids effort. Think I might ask him later.

it's stuff like that, the other jamboree stuff that's been brought up, etc. That draws negative attention to the program

But to answer your question about how WB looked, Clemmer was on target and looked sharp, #17 ( I think) made a couple of very athletic plays. Durham played well. The kicker is legit. The kids fought hard, you should be proud of their effort.

What kills me is how stuff like that even registers with Maryville and Alcoa fans. Are you still that insecure after winning so many championships?  Coaches say things like that to fire up their teams. Listen to any pre-game speech. It is a huge compliment to your program when other teams get excited about beating you in jamborees or scrimmages. I went to a jamboree a few years ago and tried talking football with an Alcoa dad. I said I felt better about WB after seeing them in some scrimmages and the jamboree, and he just shot back that Alcoa didn't play their starters in a hateful, smartazz tone. That really rubbed me the wrong way. Dude had a Napoleon complex and little man syndrome like Coach Rankin. That is why WB doesn't want to play Alcoa. It's a no-win situation for us. If we lose, Alcoa can use it is a recruiting pitch to get even more of our players. And if we win we beat a 3A team. In case you havent noticed, Rankin always reminds everyone that Alcoa is 3A when they lose to Maryville.  

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

What kills me is how stuff like that even registers with Maryville and Alcoa fans. Are you still that insecure after winning so many championships?  Coaches say things like that to fire up their teams. Listen to any pre-game speech. It is a huge compliment to your program when other teams get excited about beating you in jamborees or scrimmages. I went to a jamboree a few years ago and tried talking football with an Alcoa dad. I said I felt better about WB after seeing them in some scrimmages and the jamboree, and he just shot back that Alcoa didn't play their starters in a hateful, smartazz tone. That really rubbed me the wrong way. Dude had a Napoleon complex and little man syndrome like Coach Rankin. That is why WB doesn't want to play Alcoa. It's a no-win situation for us. If we lose, Alcoa can use it is a recruiting pitch to get even more of our players. And if we win we beat a 3A team. In case you havent noticed, Rankin always reminds everyone that Alcoa is 3A when they lose to Maryville.  

Has nothing to do with being insecure. You admitted in your post that WB won't schedule Alcoa, so youve proved the asst coach made a false statement to the kids.

Your comment about it being a compliment when teams get excited in scrimmages/jamborees against good teams has some validity.

Sorry that Alcoa dad was rude to you. 

WB plays Alcoa in other sports so the "3a" argument doesnt hold water. In addition, WB has scheduled a FB team 130 miles away with a 3A enrollment ( they play up to 4a) . They have shot the defense for their own argument down. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Has nothing to do with being insecure. You admitted in your post that WB won't schedule Alcoa, so youve proved the asst coach made a false statement to the kids.

Your comment about it being a compliment when teams get excited in scrimmages/jamborees against good teams has some validity.

Sorry that Alcoa dad was rude to you. 

WB plays Alcoa in other sports so the "3a" argument doesnt hold water. In addition, WB has scheduled a FB team 130 miles away with a 3A enrollment ( they play up to 4a) . They have shot the defense for their own argument down. 

Congrats on WB!I heard they look ALOT better.Good luck to your boys this year.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:51 PM, 32hammer said:

1st - WB kids played their hearts out last night. The game mattered to them and it showed. That's why I gripe about the schools not playing. During the game a wb asst coach actually said very loud that Rankin was scared to lose to WB. I started to ask him if WB would schedule a real game next yr but would not have been appropriate and I didn't want to take anything away from the kids effort. Think I might ask him later.

it's stuff like that, the other jamboree stuff that's been brought up, etc. That draws negative attention to the program

But to answer your question about how WB looked, Clemmer was on target and looked sharp, #17 ( I think) made a couple of very athletic plays. Durham played well. The kicker is legit. The kids fought hard, you should be proud of their effort.

Don't you think you are reading a little too much into the  asst coaches statement? I'm sure it was a comment intended to motivate his team.